I had a doctor's appt. today. I dropped my child off with my mother and went alone. The last trip with her-horrible! I vowed to never do it again if I don't have to.
They call my name. And then the favorite part...weigh in. She weighs me, charts it, then says, "I think I should check it again." I told her it was right, I had just weighed myself before coming in. She looks disturbed.
She hands me a lil plastic cup and sends me into the restroom. I freeze up. Sorry, can't do this. There was this really loud banging noise going on upstairs of the office and it totally threw me off.
Anyway...
We go into the room, she takes me blood pressure and then we get to listen to the heartbeat! Yeah, this thing that's trying to kill me really is in there!
She tells me Debbie will be in shortly and leaves.
I hear my midwifes voice in the other room and I can tell she's on the phone. I lay on the paper covered bed, staring out the window into the beautiful day and pray that she's on the phone forever. Why? Because it's peaceful in that room! No clingy, whiny toddler. No dog. No smells that get to me. Just me. All by my lonesome.
Of course it came to an end.
She comes in.
She's mad.
"Is this right? You've lost 15 pounds!?"
I nod.
She's still mad.
Tells me that I must gain weight from here on out or she's sending me back to my GI doctor because she thinks something could be wrong with me. UGH! I have to go back in 2 weeks instead of 4.
I asked her for a C-section, she just looks at me.
Part of me was serious.
Obviously I didn't get my wish. I'm still 11 weeks 5 days pregnant. Sick as a dog and now worried too since she thinks something is wrong with me.
On the way out she made me get on the scale again. She thought the nurse messed up.
The nurse didn't mess up. She hummphs and tells me, "Gain some weight, I'll see you in 2 weeks."
So, Jaylee and I went out to lunch and so far I've kept 'er down!
3 comments:
Seriously...green tea and soda crackers...give it a try you won't regret it!
Sorry to hear you are still feeling bad. I have been meaning to call you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
So I talked to you today and it was great. I'm a big fan of you btw.
just so you know.
me.blog.soon
Post a Comment