A couple of friends have asked for a pregnancy update, so I now feel I can blog about it.
I'm nervous to talk too much about it because I don't want people to roll their eyes and harrummpphh in disgust that I'm posting yet again about this beast growing inside me.
I call her a beast because that's what she's been. No, we don't know that she's a she, maybe he's a he. That's quite possible, there is that 50/50 chance dontchaknow. We won't be finding out the sex of the baby until May. It's killin' me since we could find out next Friday at my ultrasound but we waited with Jaylee and the surprise was really fun.
Anyway, back to the beast. :) I know, I really shouldn't call her that, seeing as how she's only 5 inches long and just a few ounces, how could anyone so small be a beast, but really, this kid has his/her moments. Those first, ohhh, 13 or 14 weeks I really wanted to curl up and die. Poor Jaylee is now addicted to television because it was the only social interaction she had. "Teebee" as she calls it was quite the babysitter as I laid on the bathroom floor, sometimes for most of the day. No tricks worked. Crackers, un uh. Tea, gag me. Prescription for nausea...well, I won't even tell ya what that did to me.
The last couple of weeks have been pretty darn good, thank You, Jesus! I still visit that porcelain throne but only a few times a week. I'm gaining weight, which I'm not thrilled about but need to get over. It's going to happen, I must face it.
So far my blood pressure has been great, about 90/68. Really praying it stays that way. The end of my first pregnancy it was extremely high and I had to be put on magnesium, that wasn't much fun.
No baby movement yet, but I'm looking forward to it. We have no names picked. Seriously. Feel free to throw any out there. I'm sure my husband will nix 'em all like he's been doing to me. But feel free nonetheless!
Thanks for asking about how I'm doing (Kristie, Mindy) it's fun to feel free to talk about it!
17 weeks and 3 days. Just 22 weeks and 4 days to go!
2 comments:
Sorry none of my tricks worked but I'm so glad you are feeling better! You can use our girl's name...which for obvious reason's I never got the chance to use...
Rebecca Lee (which sorta works since you a "Lee" too...just like me)
If its a boy I highly recommend using the grandpa's names...I'm sorry I've forgotten what your dad's name is or I would add some potential combos here...that's how we got William Everett (my dad plus ted's dad) It has been very special to William as he has realized that he shares a name with his grandpa
I'm sure you will figure out something appropriate in the next 22 weeks and 4 days
Thanks for the update! I have been wondering how you have been feeling. I will have to study on the name thing... As Kristie wrote I like the Grandpa's name idea... My Brother would have been named Clarence Elmer.... lovely... just lovely... LOL...
No seriouly is the Grandpa's have "good" name, I think that is a great sentiment. Heck Grandma's too for a girl... or maiden names etc...
I will put my thinkin cap on...
Just glad to hear you are feeling better.
Love ya,
Mindy
Post a Comment