Thursday, May 22, 2008

To Pacify or not to Pacify

I've never been a fan of pacifiers or binkies or nuks or mams or whatever you wanna call 'em.

My husband either.

We didn't buy one for Jaylee and at 5 weeks old, she found her thumb. We were thankful. No pacifiers to buy or fall out in the night. It seemed perfect. Now, we're working on our almost 3 year old to only suck her thumb at nighttime and not all throughout the day.

The last few nights with Alison weren't so good. She thought midnight was a good time to be up and if she wasn't being held, then it was a good time to scream. I asked Josh if we could puhlease get a pacifier.

Nope.

Grrrr.

Well a couple nights of me not sleeping later...I got our baby a pacifier. She loves it. I love it.

For now.

At least I can take it away. A thumb is a wee bit harder to dispose of. At least without having child protective services at my door within the hour.

Here's a picture of Jaylee with Alison. Alison was born with extremely long fingernails and decided to mark up her face immediately. Luckily her wounds have healed.

She kinda looks like a gremlin in this picture but I like it of Jaylee.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww. Don't worry about the paci. And if your husband doesn't like it then HE can hold her in the middle of the night.

Melissa said...

Oh, the babies...love 'em. And you too!

Erica Lynn said...

I can't believe how she scratched her face. Jaylee is beautiful and she looks like such a little girl. I miss you guys so much.

Kailin said...

Ok, I as much as I think pacifiers are silly looking, I am a firm supporter! After a colicky #2, the "binky" saved me!!!

I love the girls together, such a sweet picture!

Kristie said...

two sweeties!:) Can't wait to meet Alison!!!!!!