Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Day my Girls are Number One

I'm writing this on Monday.

To publish on Tuesday.

Tonight I've decided that tomorrow (which is actually today) I am going to stay off the computer. Off of FB. No Twittering or reading blogs or emails. And since my phone hasn't been charged the last two days, I'm going to leave it uncharged for one more day.

I will spend time with my girls. And with the laundry basket. Maybe I'll even empty the laundry basket and put the girls in it. And by empty, I mean throw everything on the couch. Like I'd actually FAPA* the laundry!

I've been thinking about how I'm constantly trying to keep up with this place that so often my sweet children are pushed aside because I'm too busy. But I find that I'm never too busy to put down the broom to check my email, FB or twitter. Or your blog. (see, it's all your fault!)

Starting now, I'm going to put less stock in making sure I'm not falling behind on all things chore-ish and invest more that energy into a sweet four year and spunky one year old.

I'm not saying I don't think the house should be clean. A clean house is wonderful. But it's not the most important thing.

So, my friends. I will miss you this day. But my girls are stinkin' cute and I want to spend this day with them.

*Fold and Put Away.


Gerber3

7 comments:

Gayle said...

You're a great mommy! I'm inspired.

Lady July said...

Way to go Sarah! I too struggle with being more Martha than Mary sometimes. And unfortunately it's my beautiful boys (4 and 1 1/2) that suffer the most. Thanks for the reminder. They're only going to be this age once and I don't want to miss it!

Breanna said...

You go, girl!!

Kristie said...

Have a wonderful day with your girlies!!

Sometimes it is good to just "unplug"...

Bethany said...

Enjoy- it's definitely a good thing to unplug now and then! :)

Cooper Family said...

Excellent Sarah. A wise investment, and your girlies will treasure more time with Mommy!

Have a wonderful day!

Laura

Natalie said...

Hope you've had a wonderful day! I'm amazed you can do as much twittering, facebooking and blogging as you do! My blog has been dormant for months... and I'm just now catching up on your blog. In response to an ealier post - I don't expect prompt replies to email, so no worries! Take care. XXOO