So I Googled.
God Bless Google.
Apparently what happened to me last night is not uncommon. But still!
I found a website with several people talking about similar situations. Okay, maybe not similar...but they still wanted to know about the worms.
A few people offered suggestion/solutions. Storing bay leaves in your dry goods or placing peppermint gum in your pantry were a couple I found interesting.
But after reading one guy's problem, I feel a little better about myself.
John says:
"I found a couple in my pants the other day, those darn things are everywhere!"
Thank yooouu, John.
2 comments:
I don't know if I could've kept the cookie dough down after seeing the oatmeal crawling. I thought you meant it was weevils (little black bugs), but worms? *shudder* I've never seen them in my stuff. You can probably also try keeping your oatmeal in the freezer, or freezing it for a couple weeks - that kills any bug eggs (larvea) that might be in it. When I got a bunch of oatmeal on sale a couple weeks ago, I put most of it into ziplocs and into the freezer to pull out as I use up what's in the cupboard.
I do the same thing as Miriam. I freeze all flours and meals for a few days and then ziploc store. =]
Post a Comment