Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sometimes the wrong reasons turn into the right reasons um, at least that's what I'm tellin' myself

Tonight I'm going to a bible study.

It's been a long time.

A real long time.

The last time I went to bible study we had to go around the room and answer why we were there.

I replied (out loud) that I was there for the two hours of free child care.

Hey, I was in church.  I was skerd that if I lied I might be put on a zip line to hell or something.

So I told the truth.

But in the end I was so glad that I went all those weeks and got out of my comfort zone.  I'm doing the same thing tonight.  Getting out of my comfort zone and hanging out with a bunch of women I don't know.  (many that I do, thank goodness)

I know I need this.  I know it will be good for me.

And tonight if we have to go around the room and answer why we're there.  I'll be honest.  I'm there to see Candee and Chelsea and Alesha and any of my other friends who are there tonight.  I'm going because then I don't have to be doing the dishes.  Or laundry.  Or whatever else.

And when the class is over, I know I'll be glad I went for the wrong reasons.

1 comment:

Arla said...

Quite proud of you, did you find the door okay?