Today I had to do something so out of my comfort zone.
I had to make a phone call and apologize to a friend.
Texting and emailing just don't cut it when you need to say you're sorry. Those methods are so much easier, though. You don't have to hear the person's hurt/disappointed voice, you don't have to stumble over your words, you can backspace all you want until you get it just perfect.
But a phone call takes guts.
Guts I don't have.
Didn't have.
I called my friend and she wasn't thrilled with me. But I apologized. She listened. And thanked me for calling.
It's the hardest thing I've done in awhile, but let me tell ya, it felt good to do the right thing for once.
So, this is me, encouraging you. Maybe you have your own tough phone call to make. Just do it. Sitting around stewing about it doesn't get you anywhere. You can do it.
You'll be glad you did.
1 comment:
Good for you!
The Jewish holiday, Yom Kippur, is coming up. It's the holiest day of the year and it's all about seeking and extending forgiveness. This is the time of year that Jewish people begin thinking about the things they need to apologize for and the things they need to forgive. It's a very special, introspective day and after an entire day of fasting and prayer, you eat a big celebratory meal with lots of people and everyone feels like a burden has been lifted. Like you probably felt after that phone call.
Sorry, I know you weren't looking for a lesson in Jewish holidays, but that's what this post made me think of. :-)
Post a Comment