My mailbox is at the end of our driveway. It's not a long driveway but long enough that I have to put on clothes if I want to check the mail without offending neighbors. (I miss the house on Elm St. where I could just reach my arm out to grab the mail)
Anyway...
So, not only do I have to be clothed to get the mail, I have to walk a lil ways up hill to go back to my house. It's quite the process to check the mail. So, it really chaps my hide when I get dressed and walk down the driveway only to find I have no mail.
None.
Sometimes I think I'd rather have bills waiting for me than nothing at all. It's lonely walking back up the driveway empty-handed.
I'm thankful for my friend Melissa, you know...the girl who stole my boyfriend back in High School, I'm thankful for her because she sends Snail Mail.
I'm also thankful for my SIL, Treena. She also sends mail. I love getting mail from her, it's so fun, she never has anything to say in the cards she makes for me because we talk or email 37 times a day. So, the note in her card usually says something like, "love, me."
The reason I bring up no mail is because it happened again. It was a lonely trip home from the mailbox.
If I had known it was going to be empty, I wouldn't have had to get dressed today.
2 comments:
So sorry that you were lonely today!:) But hey there is always...
"tomorrow, tomorrow I love you tomorrow..."
Now I know your smiling because who does smile at Annie!:)
yea for snail mail, boo to the neighbors who steal it in my ghetto apartments.
Post a Comment