But they don't.
At least not when you're a Culver. Or these Culvers.
Remember this?
Well, we decided to start another project. And this time we actually called Locate so we wouldn't hit any more pipes we shouldn't.
We've lived here eight and a half years. And in that time I cannot tell you how many times I've drug hoses all over our blasted yard to water it. So, we decided we'd put in underground sprinklers.
Because we're brilliant like that.
Gas company comes and marks their line, phone company does the same...and so on.
Silly phone company.
They didn't put their line in the right spot. So, that was the first thing we hit.
Luckily my husband is amazing and can fix just 'bout anything. So, we've got the phone line taken care of (at least for the moment).
Then, we're away from all the lines (supposedly) and the husband turns on the trencher and goes to town.
Hmm...was that the septic line we just hit?
Indeed.
Husband is off to find parts to fix that one now. Because a holiday weekend would just blow to have to call someone to come fix it.
And I really don't wanna spend our Emergency fund on a poop pipe.
4 comments:
Bummer. I know the 'glories' of do-it-yourself projects. Hope you recover soon and can enjoy those sprinklers! My hubby has put them in our last 2 houses and then was hired to put them in a friend's house. But, yeah, he's a total amature.
So sorry about that.
You are killing me!
lol!!
Post a Comment