Monday, January 05, 2009

That'll teach me

Sigh.

Heavy sigh.

A few minutes ago Jaylee comes in with something in her mouth. I ask her what it is and she tells me, "food."

Um, duh. (Didn't say this out loud, just thought it all grown up like.)

It wasn't just any kind of food. It was Shadow's food.

She asks if she can spit it out and I told her no. That'll teach 'er!

She leaves. Comes back. Sits herself in her princess chair and she has a little bowl full of snacks. I look down and see that her lil bowl is filled with more dog food.

See why I sigh!?

8 comments:

Corie said...

Oh boy.
And I thought I was having food issues with my daughter!

This made me laugh.... and today, I needed that laugh. So thank you Jaylee, for choosing to eat dog food.

amber said...

Is that a cheap shot at your cooking when your daughter enjoys dog food?

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Maybe Jaylee just found another way to reduce your food budget...?

Kristie said...

oops...hate it when my best parenting moves backfire on me!!

simple~needs said...

omg!! thats too funny!!
my oldest daughter at one time thought instant mashed potatoes was carpet fresh...... i dont think i have to explain what my floors looked like.

Growin' With It said...

i did another one of those out loud belly laughs that scares myself on this one! absolutely hilarious and btw, classic in this fun journey of motherhood! is there protein in that dog food?

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh! You redecorated again! Like it!
I know it's not funny...but...
when Son was about 2, he got into the dog food too....
Beware Sarah!
What goes in MUST come out!

(are you the Shadow pooper-scooper? if so, you'll know what I'm meaning here!)

Patzke's said...

Too funny. What do you do in times like that except laugh? Love that she just decided to get herself some more even though she thought she didn't want it at first.