Thursday, May 07, 2009

Catching Up


I could scream.

I just finished a really long post complete with pictures and everything and lost connection and nothing saved.

Insert cuss words.

Sorry for the sporadic posting. Drives me crazy when bloggers do that and now I have become that person.

Please forgive me.

It's Thursday night at 10:45 pm. We are stopped at a rest area in Battle Ground. Husband says we're in WA but I am so disoriented I have no clue. I just used the restroom and on my way back to the truck I slipped in some mud.

At least I'm hoping it was mud.

And at a rest area, is it just me or is this sign outta place:







Do they expect everyone to carry plastic bags with them at all times?

Moving on...

Yesterday was my first day back in the truck in over a week. Josh had dropped Spice and me at home last Monday so I could get stuff ready for our beach vacation. We were to leave Thursday afternoon but that was not to be.

By 10 am Josh and Sugar were broke down on one the busiest and deadliest highways in Washington.

3 hours from home.

His boss came with another truck and trailer to haul him back, he called me to pick him up and we didn't get home until 1:30 am on Friday.

We were slow in getting to the beach and it felt good. Normally we are so destination bound that we forget to just enjoy the getting there. It was a nice change of pace.

We stopped for lunch at a place that had a monkey inside. No, really. Look.





We got to the beach and had awesome weather on Friday. I thought Spice would hate the sand, I was wrong.








She liked it so much she ate it.

And Sugar loves the beach as well.





For lunch on Saturday we ate at The Pelican. Spice gnawed on some lemon and seemed to enjoy it. No sour face from the sour puss.




On our way home we stopped at Multnomah Falls.










The next day lil Spice turned ONE! She deserves a proper birthday post, so I will wait til we have party pictures for that. Here are a couple from her birthday morning opening a gift from her aunt.








And I thought she'd be thrilled at a forward facing carseat but I was wrong about that, too.




"eh, whatever."

And now I leave you with a treat from tonight.

I was about to make dinner a la McDonald's and happened upon this gentleman who was so excited about cozyin' up for a movie that he wore his jammy pants to McDonald's to rent one.






You're welcome.

-- Post From My iPhone

7 comments:

amber said...

I love his jammies and his ability to wear them so proudly!

Maria said...

the pajamas are a hoot... and I didn't know they had red box at McDonalds..our little town has none yet.. I am waiting!!

Kristie said...

Happy birthday Spice!!

Looks like good times at the coast...glad to see things are well...

Love you!!

Patzke's said...

Where we you when you saw the guy with the jammie pants?

Tiffany said...

I've been a little AWOL myself, so I just came by to catch up. Glad things are going well - and glad your hubby and Sugar were okay when they broke down! That's a blessing.

Also - I agree with the "no dumping" signs at rest areas. Seems ironic, huh?

And the jammies? Could have gone my whole life w/o seeing that - but proud of you for snapping the shot!

Bethany said...

Wooooya with the pj's! Too funny. Happy Bday to your little girl!

Corie said...

Ok, now I get the plastic bag comment on the other post! :)

Happy 1st Birthday Spice! :)

Loved that she ate the sand. Ours would have done the same.
I was thinking that Chloe would love to turn around in her car seat soon too... maybe I am getting my hopes up.