Monday, May 18, 2009

When the Flips Were a Flop


Last week we unloaded some pipe in Pocatello, ID. I googled the nearest Starbucks to my location and found that it was only a mile away.

Spice was sleeping and Josh was unloading, so I thought it'd be some good Mama/Sugar time, along with good exercise.

The morning was beautiful and we set out on our walk.

Both of us wearing flip flops.

Neither of us realizing that wasn't such a hot idea.

Within five minutes Sugar wants to be "helded" because her feet were tired.

I helded her because there will come a day, all too soon, where she does not want to be helded anymore.

We continued for awhile like that until my back couldn't take it anymore and then down she went to walk beside me.

She complained about her feet hurting so I told her she could take her flips off. This was okay until we had to cross a busy highway. Then back on the shoes went.

My flips had rubbed an ugly blister on my right foot, so after we got our coffee and left the store, I took my flips off too.

Oh, mercy!

We fueled up that evening and were awarded a free shower and one free dinner. You spend 600 bucks on fuel and waa laa!

After my shower my blister was raw and extremely painful. I had no other shoes with me last week. It's after Feb. 1st, all I wear until the first snow is flips.



Josh offered to trade me shoes until we got back to the truck. He's sweet like that. He looked ridiculous and hilarious. But it was just to the truck, right?

Um, no.

We got side tracked with free dinner and wound up in a restaurant full of other truckers.

Truckers that weren't wearing their wives' flip flops.

Josh is such a good sport. He didn't care.

This week I have a pair of tennies in case I need to make another long trek for my coffee.

Or an outhouse.


-- Post From My iPhone

4 comments:

Miriam said...

LOL! At your last line, only, NOT at the blister or the events surrounding! I hope it heals quickly and the pain goes away super fast.

Tiffany said...

The mental image of your manly man, truck driver husband wearing your flip flops in public has me about to pee my pants!

May you never have to walk that far to find an outhouse!

Growin' With It said...

aww man...no photo of hubby in girlie shoes?! doggone it!

i sure feel your pain on the blister dealie. ouchie!

Jackie said...

Ouch! But your hubby gets major points for trading with you and not caring a lick what everyone else thought.

Hope your week went ok - you are probably home by now, and I hope you are enjoying every second!