The day I came over to help you clean your house before you moved into your new one.
We hadn't seen each other in 8 years but this day would be the beginning of a friendship I so badly needed.
A friendship, I believe we both badly needed.
Pretty much for the next two years we'd be inseparable. It was either dinner at your house with your fam or dinner at my house with mine. At one point Josh asked me, "what did we do before life with Amber?" To which I had no response.
We were pool dolphins. Not sharks, because those are scary and we're anything but.
We brought back the fanny pack.We started the annual Christmas get together.
Simple trips like to Target or WinCo, it didn't matter how simple it was, we had fun. We made it fun!Of course there were the exciting trips to see Dirty Dancing with Johnny and Baby on the Big Screen or when we fulfilled our lifelong dream of seeing New Kids on the Block in CONCERT this last November.
The nights we had the cops called on us. Ahem.Times remembering all the boys we loved in high school that never returned said love. Dumb boys anyhow, huh? Who needs 'em?
You've been there for me for almost three years. You've been an amazing friend.
And for the last few months, things have been different. We're changing. We're growing. And sadly, it doesn't seem that we're doing these things together. And quite honestly, it makes me panic. I haven't seen you in two months, it's been almost two months since we've talked on the phone.
But you aren't far from my thoughts, my prayers. My heart.
A year ago today I was making you Peanut Butter Bars and praying the UPS man would get here in time with your gift before you, Shawn, Josh and I headed to Red Robin in your honor.

Today, I sit here without a gift for you, because I just have no clue, I'm at a loss. I don't know what you're doing today. Or what you're doing tonight. I know you don't care much for your birthday but I'm hoping someone is making your day memorable. Letting you know how special you are, how amazing of a friend you are.
I love you, Amber.
Happy Birthday, my friend.
Love,
Blanche
1 comment:
you took the words right out of my mouth and my heart. I feel the same way. Thank you for the post. Makes the day a little better.
Post a Comment