Jerks.
So, my throat hurts and is itchy. I keep sneezing and my eyes weigh about 235 lbs apiece. What's up with that?
Harvest was supposed to start today. But it didn't. So my husband is on a day run with Sugar. She wanted to go today because he's driving a different Peterbilt. It's lighter than the one he normally drives. And when it comes to apples, every pound counts. The more weight he can haul, the more money he makes. So, even though he's not hauling apples today, he's already traded trucks and Sugar thinks it's pretty cool.
So, off they went to load hay and head to Sumas. Which is about 4 minutes from Canada. And about 6 hours from our house.
I'm left with a crabby Spice baby. She and I don't like being sick. And we're sick together. Quite the pair we're making today. She has snot dried to her face with her bangs sticking in it. At least I don't have that problem.
Two of the six neighbor kids were over yesterday. I've really had to pray about my attitude and heart toward them. And I believe the Lord is working on me. Usually I roll my eyes and let out a heavy sigh when I see them on their way across the driveway heading to our house. But yesterday I didn't mind, even though they were here for close to five hours. They went home for dinner and were back within half an hour. Josh has all the patience in the world for them and even enjoys them. At about 7 last night he got the brilliant idea to put the popcorn popper in the middle of the living room floor and popped popcorn without the lid on it. We had popcorn everywhere. While they were doing that I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and let *L* have the paddle covered in dough. I let her have the paddle, so I could have bowl. ;)
At ten til 8 they headed out the door with cookies and smiles. And I was actually sad to see them go.
Josh has been making me coffee the last two days. It's not Starbucks but it's sooo much cheaper and I really need to put on my big girl panties and just stop.buying.coffee!!!
Josh was given a raise a couple of weeks ago. He gets paid per mile and they upped the amount. For those last three checks we've been taking that extra money and applying it toward our Visa card on top of the payment we already make to it. I checked the balance today and it's only at $176! It will be paid off within the next two or three weeks. Woo hoo! Next, we'll hit the payment for the bill from this day. CT scans aren't cheap.
When Josh called me a few weeks ago to tell me he got a raise, I was so proud of him. He's been working for Nancy for five months and they've been so good to us. My husband has never asked for a raise, ever, from any job he's had. He's always told me, "I'll be paid whatever I'm worth to them." And he's fine with that. Even when I think he deserves more because he's so incredible, he's totally fine with whatever he's given because he knows we'll be taken care of. It was nice to see that they're thankful for him.
I'm currently writing a really long blog post (no, not this one, even though it is getting awfully long) about my life from day one. It's interesting. And probably so boring. But I'm sure I'll publish on it one of these days soon. So, the night you have insomnia-come and read it. =)
Random post over. You can carry on with your day now.
4 comments:
Ooohh, I was recently sick with a cold! Mine lasted all of 3 days, so hopefully your's will be short-lived, too! Woohoo on Josh's raise, AND for getting so close to paying off the Visa! I think we should have a party when that's done :P Daniel hasn't gotten a raise for about 2 years now; last year I chalked it up to the sucky economy, and this year I'm trying to do the same... but the extra $$ would be nice!
Hope you start feeling better soon. Love ya!
Well, I can't wait to read your next post then Sarah, because I have had insomnia the past couple of months more than I have EVER had it in all my life! So it will be fun to have a good read while I'm awake until 3 or 4am. =)
I hope you feel better soon though. We have a bugger of a cold in our home too. But as long as it stays a cold and not a flu, I am ok with it. =)
I hope you feel better soon! Congrats on Josh's raise!
Post a Comment