Thursday, October 08, 2009

He Heard Me

On my way to an appointment last week (yes, the appt.) I noticed my shoulder was hurting me. My right one if you really wanna know. It wasn't that big of a deal right then just a bit annoying.

Then the next day I noticed that the pain was centered around my shoulder blade and made it difficult to move my arm. I was getting a bit more annoyed.

By the end of the week I couldn't take my clothes off without help. And medication wasn't touching the pain.

I wasn't sleeping because there wasn't a comfortable positition that I could find.

I was down right miserable.

I kept telling Josh, "if it's not better by Friday...or by Sunday..." Monday came and I could hardly clean my kitchen. You don't realize how much you use both arms to do everything until you're down an arm.

(did that sound funny to anyone else?)

(okay, good. you too, huh?)

Moving on.

I'm not one to run to the doctor over silly stuff, and while the pain I was in did not even one little bit feel silly to me, I just didn't know why I was in pain and that seemed silly to me. Maddening really. But I just did not want to call a doctor. What would they be able to do for me besides hand me a big fatty bill? If they'd accept second born children as payment I woulda gone in about 16 months ago.

Hello, I'm totally getting off subject.

So, back to Monday while I was doing dishes. I got pissed. It was day seven of incredible pain and I was done. Sick of it.

I yelled. I cried.

"Lord, heal me now!"

Wouldn't ya know? I woke up Tuesday morning healed.

Completely healed.

I think He was just waiting for me to rely on Him, to call out to Him.

I'm slow. It took me seven days to cry out. When I finally did, He heard me and He answered me.



Gerber3

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to try that!!!

denise said...

Wow, Sarah! That's great. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Never "Society" Norm said...

That's awesome Sarah!

TAMI said...

I suspect the Lord spends a lot of time waiting for us to depend on Him. Thanks for the reminder today.

TRS said...

Thanks for the lesson!