We were headed to Oregon with a load of something and we were going to be unloading that (whatever it was) and picking up something else. I was pretty giddy about this trip because it was a double exciting whammy for me. On our way from re-loading (it was lumber, I remember) we were headed up to Emily's where we'd be staying for the weekend and in the process of getting up to her house we'd be driving right past Josh's sister's house (you know, kinda).
Josh's sister is my SIL, Treena, you know in case you forgot. I love her like crazy. It was the day before her birthday (her and Emily share one) and I wanted to surprise her. So, we showed up on her doorstep! In the excitement I totally forgot to have Josh take our picture. We couldn't stay long as we'd be hitting Portland traffic if we did. Traffic's bad enough in a car, in a Peterbilt it's even worse. Anyway, we had fun surprising her and then it was time to head out for the rest of our weekend.
(this is the part where I don't tell you that 20 minutes from emily's house we get a call that we were loaded with the wrong crap and had to drive back down and re-load yet afreakinggain and making us three hours later to emily's than originally scheduled)
Ahem. Anyway.
We get to Jim and Emily's and she has dinner ready. Within minutes of finishing dinner we realize it's time for a Starbucks run. This is when the laughter and picture taking begins. Ohh how I wish I could post the picture. My phone is pretty slow with the whole picture taking thing and let's just say sometimes it captures a person at just the wrong moment. Which can actually turn out to be just the right moment and have me in hysterics.
But I'm not going to post it because that wouldn't be nice.
Instead I'll get on with the rest of this post and the pictures that I can post.
Emily's birthday was on Saturday and Gayle was coming over so we could start the Birthday Girl's festivities. Goodwill Outlet would be first, because what better way to start your birthday evening than by pilfering through someone's unwanted junk? Then it was to be Sushi for dinner. (gagging)
yep, we're adorable.
had this been a weee bit bigger, I totally woulda bought this for my husband. We left without it but with 30+ lbs of other goods.
Sushi on a conveyor belt. I'm trying so hard to pretend I'm a big girl.
This was as close as I wanted to get to eating it but I actually did put it in my mouth. And later into a napkin.
Gayle loved it as much as I did. You're welcome Gayle for this picture.We left about 12 minutes after we arrived and we were still hungry. Birthday Girl decided bread sounded good. Hello, when does bread not sound good, right? We drive until we see Panera. Which I've never been to. But apparently they have clowns.
But not before a little rat tail action behind me. That guy has better hair than I do! We went to Olive Garden for dessert. Each of us getting something different and each of us stuffing our faces too quickly for me to get a picture of what we ate. Let me just say, the five pounds I gained from that Pumpkin Cheesecake were totally worth it.
Birthday Girl and her bestest friend. They're pretty stinkin' cute, huh?
After our appetizer (sushi) and dinner (Panera) and dessert (Olive Garden) we headed out for coffee (Starbucks). I didn't get a picture of said coffee because I was too busy throwing myself in front of Gayle to get to the cashier before she did. I totally took her.
We took pictures in the photo booths at the mall. You know the ones. You go inside a little booth, pull the curtain and sit nicely while they take your mug. FYI, three adult woman do not comfortably fit in those booths. You know, in case that was on your agenda for this weekend. And one photo booth session didn't prove to be enough, so we forked out another three bucks and did it again.
Seriously, one of the best weekends of my entire life.
Thank you, Emily and Gayle for letting me be a part of such a special time! Loved it!
The fun didn't end there! After soup, bread and tiny cups of water it was off to dessert!
But not before a little rat tail action behind me. That guy has better hair than I do! We went to Olive Garden for dessert. Each of us getting something different and each of us stuffing our faces too quickly for me to get a picture of what we ate. Let me just say, the five pounds I gained from that Pumpkin Cheesecake were totally worth it.
Birthday Girl and her bestest friend. They're pretty stinkin' cute, huh?After our appetizer (sushi) and dinner (Panera) and dessert (Olive Garden) we headed out for coffee (Starbucks). I didn't get a picture of said coffee because I was too busy throwing myself in front of Gayle to get to the cashier before she did. I totally took her.
We took pictures in the photo booths at the mall. You know the ones. You go inside a little booth, pull the curtain and sit nicely while they take your mug. FYI, three adult woman do not comfortably fit in those booths. You know, in case that was on your agenda for this weekend. And one photo booth session didn't prove to be enough, so we forked out another three bucks and did it again.
Seriously, one of the best weekends of my entire life.
Thank you, Emily and Gayle for letting me be a part of such a special time! Loved it!





8 comments:
Good Times! Just one of many fun weekends for the three stooges, I'm sure.
This post made me hungry AFTER the sushi thing of course :O
How very fun!! I am so glad you girls got to spend that time together.. Laughing...and not eating and than eating and eating....
Panera and Olive Graden are always my top 2 choices for places to eat....in case you were wondering. :)
Great post! It made me happy to see you all happy...
three things
1)sushi...GROSS
2)bread and soup...YUM!!
3)love you!!
Well, no wonder you were missing your girlfriends! Y'all look like a fun bunch.
I've been to Panera many times and have NEVER seen a clown there. Maybe it's just in the West that they do that. :)
Spending a day with girlfriends is THE best! I loved reading about your fun day. Thanks for sharing!
That looks like sooo much fun! (well except the sushi part, who picked that???)
-Laura (aka jealous)
so awesome to see this after your last post. i bet you 3 laugh the whole time too!
Post a Comment