Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Summary

Today I made meal after meal.

And didn't quite clean up after all of them.

Then it was time to meet my husband at the truck stop so I could pick up Sugar and give him all the food I'd so lovingly slaved over for the last three hours.

On my way out the door I realized someone had a stinky diaper.

And it wasn't me.

So, I had to change Spice and then throw her in the van. It wasn't until we were half way there that I realized she didn't have a coat on or socks or shoes. It was all of 40 degrees outside. Mother of the Year committee, I'm nominating myself this year.

After that it was time to go home and put together some sandwiches for the wee children and then lay them down for naps.

Then Shadow (our Golden Retriever) decided to vomit this huge, nasty, green hair ball. I panicked and didn't know what to use to pick it up. I had a Ro-Tel can that I'd emptied into one of the dishes from today, so I went to scoop the puke into that only to have some red remnants from the can spill onto my carpet.

Stupid dog. Stupid puke. Stupid red stain.

The girls and I played with Legos for a while but both children think it's more fun to destroy than to build. What's with that?! Then Sugar thought it'd be funny to play this game where she pretends to be hurt and I take her to the doctor to get better. So, we did that for awhile.

Dinner was some leftovers of one of the meals I made for Josh. It was good but a lil too salty. It had onions, pimentos, and green peppers in it and my girls loved it. (there were other ingredients as well, but I was impressed that they ate it.)

Then came bath time.

Read: Free babysitter time. Kidding...

I wash the girls and go on and on with my "don't splash water all over the floor" spiel only to turn around and hear water splash all over the floor. Sigh.

As I head out the bathroom door to clean up some toys in the living room Sugar yells that Spice pooped in the bathtub.

I removed the children as quickly and as safely from the tub as motherly possible and threw towels on 'em. Rescued My Little Pony x 5 and got a cup (not a Ro-Tel can) and scooped poop.

We played some more. (not in the bathtub)

Then it was time to clean up toys and read for a bit.

The girls were so quiet as I left their room. It was so sweet and peaceful.

And then the phone rang.

The children's father decided he wanted to say goodnight to his offspring.

Soooo, I had to go in there so he could talk to them and they were thuh-rilled. But bawled as he said goodbye and I left the room.

Good times.

I then decided I hadn't made enough of a mess in my kitchen and I needed to bake some oatmeal cookies.

So, I make the oatmeal cookies and decide to eat batter while a batch of cookies bakes. I scoop (how many times will i use that word in this post?!) some dough into a bowl, pour a glass of milk and sit down to Facebook.

Batch number one finishes. I head in to the hurricane that is my kitchen and decide to clean up a bit. As I'm going to put the lid back on the oatmeal I see something moving in it.

Crawly things.

In the oatmeal.

The oatmeal I dumped into the batter.

The oatmeal that I'd been eating.

I think I'm going to need another Ro-Tel can.


Gerber3

8 comments:

Cooper Family said...

Ok - so I haven't laughed this hard at a blog in a while.

How are you feeling today?

Even though there were the hillariously crazy moments - it still sounds like a sweet day...

Growin' With It said...

what a poopy day! bwhahaha! and very productive.

Jeana said...

I'm trying to get over a stomach virus. I really wish I had waited until next week to read this post.

However, I do have the presence of mind to be thankful that none of these events have happened to me in the past 3 days.

I wish I could think of something encouraging to say to you. Um...flowers and butterflies!

Never "Society" Norm said...

Another eventful day in the Culver household! ;D
I think I would've died finding those worms in there though! YUCK!

Charissa said...

Hard to write with watery eyes... Oh Sarah, how can I laugh and hurt for you all at the same time? Thank you for sharing. It does make me think on this day less gloomily-- so long as this doesn't happen to me-- which it could.

Duckygirl said...

Weeellll, this should teach me not to eat while reading blogs!!

So sorry :(

-Laura

denise said...

Ewwww. I'm sorry.

Brittany said...

EWW.EWW. EWWW!!!!You had quite the evening girlfriend.