Monday, December 21, 2009

And I thought I was the only one

I'm the type of person who would rather tell you everything I'm bad at than one thing I'm good at.

I try not to "put on airs" (whatever that means).

I want to be real. And I try to be real.

I will often lay out my feelings on my blog.

Or I'll post about stuff from my past.

I try very hard to be honest.

I want to be transparent.

However, many times when it comes to my mothering, I hold things in. Not always. There are times I've been very honest with what's going on on the outside. But so many times I keep what's going on on the inside a secret. Many times a secret I don't even tell my husband.

When I read a post over at Sarah Mae's today and the comments that followed, my jaw dropped. I find that I'm so bound by fear that I'm the only one feeling less than, or the only one who doesn't feel equipped to be caring for this house or these girls, or the only one who can never seem to control the laundry pile that I don't ever ever ever speak of it...I keep the feelings in.

So to realize I'm not the only who doesn't have it all together, that I'm not the only one who feels tired and hormonally outta whack was such a weight lifted off my shoulders. A relief to this weary mama. A mama who struggles every night with falling asleep because of my many failures throughout the day.

Tonight I'll go to bed with a lighter heart. And hopefully be able to sleep peacefully without beating myself up for being the only mother who constantly fails.

Please read Sarah Mae's post.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

God alone provides the strength to endure the day; God alone provides the joy that can be found in each day...in each task; None of us is worthy of the grace and love He provides...that's what's so GREAT about it...you can't do anything more to earn it...it's free...and it's just for you. He is the Comforter; the Encouragement; the Healer; the Helper...He is what you need when you need...not a second early, not a second late... Just like Sarah Mae He CHOSE YOU... He CREATED you specifically with the knowledge that you would be the mother of those two girls!! So fight the good fight today! I'll be praying along side you! Love you!!

Never "Society" Norm said...

Sounds like the Lord is speaking to you through that blog. :) He always knows the best way to get our attention! ;)
It is so true..........you are NOT a failure, and you are no different than every person in the world. We ALL have our troubled/weak spots and struggles.
Don't believe all the lies that Satan tells you daily. He wants you to feel low and inadequate, and he is successful every time we allow it to attack our heart.
I do know a lil about this area of Spiritual Warfare; And I also struggle with it on a daily basis.
Love ya gal!

Leanne said...

Merry Christmas, Sarah.

I love it when God uses others to get our attention about something He really wants us to know.

He MADE you just the way you are! He LOVES you just the way you are! He WANTS you just the way you are! In fact, He NEEDS you just the way you are, spotted, wrinkled and imperfect, to be able to minister to and understand those who are just like you!!!!

Your blog is always just what I need.

Be encouraged in this special week, and may you have a special revelation that yes indeed, the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory!

TAMI said...

Thanks for the repost. There was a l-o-n-g season in my motherhood when everyone else's successes made me feel more like a failure. After much inner healing, I've been more able to accept myself and find inspiration in the examples around me.

Not sure if you've ever stopped by my blog - or maybe just never left a comment? - but I've been around popping in over here for quite a while and enjoy checking in.

denise said...

Thank you, sweet friend, for being honest. I needed this one today (well, most days, really).

Sarah Mae said...

My jaw dropped as well.

And as sad (?) as it is that we all feel the way we do, I am so happy/thankful I am not the only one (cause seriously, I thought I was going crazy or something).

Thanks for the link love! :)