We carry embarrassing moments with us forever. I know I've tried to repress a few of mine but they always seem to surface somehow or another.
Usually by the reminder of friends or family.
I truly believe that embarrassing moments aren't only to keep us humble but are for the enjoyment of others.
Such is the case for my husband's most recent embarrassing moment. A moment that happened nearly two months ago but he only just told me about today.
And after hearing what happened to the poor guy (and laughing my head off to the point of tears and my ugly laugh) I understand why it took him so long to tell me about it.
So, with his permission, I tell you his story...
This morning (2.10.2010) I had an appointment with an oral surgeon for my wisdom teeth. On my way to my appointment I was going to drop off our tax stuff at a CPA office. It wasn't a place I was familiar with and once I got to the office there were two doors. Neither marked.
As much as I'm afraid of mice or spiders, I am more afraid of a place that has more than one door. Especially when they are not clearly marked.
So I never even got outta my car. I left without dropping off my tax info and continued on another 25 miles to the oral surgeon.
I called Josh to tell him I made it to my appointment 40 minutes early - because that's how I roll - and that the CPA office had more than one door. I told him (though I didn't need to) that I didn't end up dropping off our taxes because of the door situation.
And he proceeds to tell me about his own recent door situation...
About two months ago he was hauling a load of hay and heading to a dairy. He called for directions and the dairyman's wife gave very specific directions of how to find them.
Yellow buildings. Fairly desolate area. On the right hand side of the road.
So, he's driving along, turns where he's supposed to and sees a Dead End sign. When you're pulling doubles this is never good. He doesn't want to go too far because it's not like you can just easily back up a semi with a set of doubles. So he's cautious as he's driving down the road. He sees a few yellow buildings and for the most part the area is pretty quiet. There aren't any cows (this shoulda been his first clue as he is dropping off a load of hay) but nevermind that...
He sees a John Deere green caboose that's about three or four feet off the ground with a few trucks parked next to it.
"Must be their office." He says to himself.
He pulls his Peterbilt in, walks up the stairs to the "office" and opens the door without knocking. Only to find a very heavy set man standing in his bathroom, wearing a flannel shirt and no pants.
A flannel shirt.
And no pants.
"Welp, guess this isn't the right place." And he closes the door to the man's caboose house, walks down the stairs, proceeds a mile and a half up the road to the actual dairy.
Where no one is wearing flannel but everyone is wearing pants.
13 comments:
Oh my word! I really needed a laugh tonight. Thanks.
(Btw - the office entrance is the double door that faces the street.)
LAUGHING! HARD!! OUT LOUD!!! Darrells looking a me like "What?" LOL!!!
Sarah
Yikes!!! I was thinking more disturbing than embarassing...did the guy have a beard?what about shoes? because I can so see him...knowwhatImean?...
poor Josh.
that's hilarious!
And the door situation was God telling you to put your stuff in the mail and send it to my office ;)
Pretty funny! Reminds me of one of my own embarrassing stories. Many (many) years ago, Josh and dad videoed me using an outdoor "restroom facility" (hole-in-the-ground with a toilet seat over it) during a camping trip.
Glad to hear there was no video camera involved this time.
i am just dyin' to know what the pantless flannel dude's version of this story is. poor josh!! ☺
I love that Josh's response was, wrong place! Hilarious! Sounds like he handled it well, I will remember to either have a house that looks like a house, or always wear pants.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny! That was very worth telling! Thanks, Josh and Sarah. =D
You are so funny. Check out my blog,I think I might make ya laugh too. I cuss sometimes, so beware. Just warning ya!
http://completelyobsessedwithhome.blogspot.com/
Ohhhh my gosh, that's hysterical! Sounds like he handled it well though :)
Okay, seriously hilarious. Did he ever find out where the hay was supposed to go?
Okay, seriously hilarious. Did he ever find out where the hay was supposed to go?
Okay, seriously hilarious. Did he ever find out where the hay was supposed to go?
Post a Comment