Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Monday Random

Just realized I lost a "follower" and even though I'm bummed about it, what can I do? Nothing.

Took Spice in for a well-child check up. We don't visit the doctor often because the doctor and I don't get along well. Rather, we don't see eye to eye on a few things. So, I switched to a Naturopathic Doctor yesterday and feel very comfortable with her.

She informed me Spice is in the 50th percentile for height but isn't even on the charts for weight. She said I need to try to fatten 'er up a bit. I wanted to ask if we could do liposuction on me right there and just transfer it to Spice. Then realized it's the first time we're meeting and she might not appreciate my humor.

Not many people do.

After that appointment I had to take Spice to get blood drawn. JOY! There was a girl in line before us who informed the phlebotomist that she had just used. The phlebotomist wanted to see her arms. She took off her large coat and revealed not only the tracks in her arms but the fact that she was about six months pregnant.

My heart broke.

For the baby. And the mama.

I went to bed at 7:25 last night and was asleep in minutes. It felt amazing.

We've done very little to the remodel of our house the last couple of weeks. Thinking our house guests this weekend will change that.

My husband and I don't "do" Valentine's day. I get the girls a little something and a card for him and sometimes a gift but that's it.

Maybe I should have phrased that, "my husband doesn't do Valentine's day." =)

I'm having my wisdom teeth looked at tomorrow. I need to have them out and they're going to give me an estimate for what it'll cost me. Since I don't have insurance I'm sure anything over $5 is going to freak me out. =) I have two that are poking out and two that haven't even surfaced but are pushing on the nerves of my other teeth. No good.

My husband is in Montana right now. I don't like having him that far away. I cried on our phone call tonight. I'm such a weenie.

I have a two bedroom condo rented on the beach for two days next month and no clue what to do with it. Go alone, perhaps?

My house was clean yesterday.

Wish ya coulda seen it.

7 comments:

Charissa said...

Impressed that you used the word 'phlebotomist'.

Sorry about all the cr*p (The [*] is there in case you were offended by the corse language, cause you wouldn't say it in your head anyway=).

Keep pressin' on.

Maria said...

I think I'd appreciate your humor...and I wish that condo you rented was in Tennessee.

I need to get a tooth crowned...so I feel for you on the wisdom teeth. :(

Smile, Jesus love you!

Maria

Never "Society" Norm said...

Sounds like quite a day. What a sad thing to witness when you have to have a blood draw. =( This world is so fallen! All we can do is pray for that little baby to have protection and to be blessed with health despite the choices of the mom.

And btw.......I absolutely LOVE your humor! I relate to it quite often too! lol ;D

I hope today is blessed for you, Sarah.

Growin' With It said...

hmm, beach...like on the gulf of mexico maybe...cuz i'm wishing/dreaming...*sigh*! keep your chin up sista! love ya.

Giordi said...

We have to fatten up Jack too. Butter and peanut butter are our best friends. You probably won't obsess about it as much as I do. It wouldn't be possible. But it sure sucks to watch your kid eat whatever they want when you have to restrain yourself.

Cousin B said...

I love your kid's names...and I too would appreciate your humor. Too bad you can't make use of that condo! Even if for a girls weekend!

TRS said...

I understand about the new doc's office maybe not seeing your humor.

I visited my allergist a while back and the Nurse insisted on weighing me and checking my height. I'm a pretty lean little thing so this usually doesn't bother me. Until she told me some fictitious, absurd number for my weight and then said I was 5'3" when I know darned well that I'm 5'5".
As per my sense of humor, I blurted out... "You just made me shorter and fatter in the span of three minutes. Clearly, you don't know how to make friends!"

She had NO sense of humor. Or else she hears this stuff all day long - and I'm not half as original as I think!