Thursday, June 03, 2010

The Best Day of the Rest of My Life (minus a tri-cities phone book)

I'm THIRTY!!!

I have just a few minutes to put this post together before Josh gets home but I want to at least write something, as today has been one of THE greatest days...BIRTHDAYS of my life.

It officially started on Saturday when a box filled with THIRTY.INDIVIDUALLY.WRAPPED presents showed up at my house! From Emily. I confess I opened ALL OF THEM!

Then Tuesday morning at 4:28 a.m. I had a mini heart attack.

Because two people clad in crazy hats walked into my home, handed me a hat of my own, blind-folded me and told me to come with them.

Thankfully I had the good sense to grab my hot pink robe.

So, my mom and sister drove me around, made me get out of the car (dressed in my hot pink robe and red granny hat) and took pictures of me (I'll post them some year).

While I was blind-folded.

And in my hot pink robe.

They took me to breakfast, then to coffee and then dumped me off at home where I was in a sleepy stupor for the rest of the day.

On Wednesday morning they showed up with doughnuts (yum) and a book for me! Then later in the day I got flowers from this amazing friend! I opened my mailbox to find a card from Linds (my bff from high school) that contained a Starbucks gift card, a card from my wonderful TN friend, Maria (she sent me a TN t-shirt a couple months ago!) and a homemade Dave Ramsey envelope system from my friend Kristie! Later in the day I received an email from eBay letting me know I had a gift certificate from Laura!

The day BEFORE my birthday was incredible!

Today my mom and sister watched my girls while I went to get my hair done.

And let me tell you, my party has not stopped!

At 8:10 this morning I was in line at Starbucks, I ordered my coffee and a cheese danish, went to pay for it, only to be told the woman in front of me bought my stuff! I nearly cried! I felt so blessed.

At 8:30 was my hair cut and color (which hasn't been done since August!) and the girl who does my hair brought me donuts from Starbucks. Then she hands me a Starbucks gift card that had been delivered earlier in the week by a friend of mine! I was freaking out. Feeling so blessed. When about 15 minutes later a woman walks in with the most beautiful arrangement of pink and white gerbera daisies that...get this...WERE FOR ME from my friend Melissa!

I had a Starbucks card and flowers delivered to me at the place where I get my hair done!!! It's been hours and this is still just incredible to me.

Then I come home, get on the computer and find this post from Linda. Talk about makin' a girl feel loved! My word!

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my friend, Candee. We were friends in high school, in each other's weddings and then the jerk moved far, far away. Thankfully she just moved back! In time for my 30th birthday, I'm sure! Can't wait to spend some time with her.

I think I'll stay 30 forever.

(well, until my 31st birthday, I'm pretty excited for that one, too)

8 comments:

Leanne said...

I'm the first one to leave a comment!!!!!

Sarah, your birthday post made ME cry! I felt so blessed that you were so blessed!! Seriously!

Yes, I am strange. At least I don't have any delusions of grandeur!

I'm so glad your birthday has been so fabulous!

We have something in common: My birthday is this month too! But....I'm like eons~ EONS older than you!!

Take care!

Unknown said...

What an awesome, awesome birthday!! Sounds like you've been ringing in the new decade in style. You deserve it...have fun, live it up...and post those pictures. ;)

Liz said...

Happy birthday Sarah!! Thirty is going to be AWESOME

Unknown said...

So great to get to share in your experience through your blog. You're so loved!!! :) Happy birthday, Sarah!

denise said...

I love that you had such an amazing day - looove it!

And there may be another present at my house waiting for you to open it ;)

Duckygirl said...

I love that you were blessed so much on your special day!!!

and what a great idea Emily had, she's a clever one. :)

~Laura

Kristie said...

YEAH!! So happy that your birthday was so fun!!

Anonymous said...

So glad your birthday was extra special. You only turn 30 once so I am thrilled your family and friends made it memorable. I am still in shock that you could be 30! Big hugs. Mindy