Thursday, October 21, 2010

I've been Tagged

Where I'm from, when you say, "I've been tagged," it usually means someone has spray painted your house or your car with gang signs or four-letter words.

I'm glad to say that the tagging that's been done to me does not involve spray paint of any kind, nor did it involve any four-letter words.

Linda tagged me in this post.

To answer her questions:

What is my favorite time of day and why?
Any time my children are sleeping is a fabulous time of day!  Seriously, though, I love morning.  I love my cup of coffee and the anticipation of what the new day will bring.  It usually brings some fussy kids, some dog hair, someone on the dining room table and an overflowing toilet.

What has made me laugh lately?
Admitting that I threw a chair made me laugh, a ridiculous "I can't believe I did that" sorta laugh.  I was nervous to talk about it but my husband encouraged it and said that I can't be the only one feels that way on occasion and that it'd be good for others to read about.  It's been a good while since I've had a real belly laugh.  Thinking next weekend will remedy that.

What was my favorite toy as a kid?
I loved books the most.  But I do remember loving me some Rainbow Brite and I had a Hawaiian Barbie that I named Monique.  She was gorgeous and I wanted to look just like her.  Heck, I still do.

What do I remember about my High School prom?
I remember thinking we shouldn't have spent the money on prom since our wedding was set for about 8 weeks after that but Josh wanted me to be able to go to my high school prom.  I remember the limo was fancy.  I remember my soon-to-be-husband had a cut on the side of his head that made him even HOTTER.  I remember that my best friend and her boyfriend were with us and now I remember that that was probably the last time the four of us were together.

What would you find in my fridge?
2% milk, Almond milk, corn tortillas, cream cheese, salsa, 7 dozen eggs and not nearly enough butter or whipping cream.  Obviously it's time to go grocery shopping!

Which do I like better, hands or feet?
Hands for sure.  Feet creep me out.  And lately I realize I love me some arms too.

What's the craziest thing I've ever done?
Besides getting married and birthin' a coupla kids?  One winter night nearly 7 years ago, my friend Keri and I were bored.  It was late, the Chinese place we always ordered from for delivery was closed and we needed something to do.  She lived about three blocks from a very busy main road.  And I decided we should strip down to our undergarments, put on our tennis shoes and run to that busy road, cross it and play "King of the Mountain" on the snow pile at Red Robin. 

So we did.

She fell through the icy snow at the top of the "mountain" and days later had a bruise all down her thigh.  On our way back home there were cars traveling up the road, so we had to lay down in the parking lot in the frigidness, in our skivvies.

I don't think I've ever laughed harder in my entire life.  Or been so close to being arrested for indecent exposure.  It was really one of the funniest nights of my life.

I'm prolly supposed to pick my own questions and bloggers to tag but it's almost 9 pm and I haven't had any chocolate yet today.  {notice the emphasis on yet}  So, if you'd like to answer these questions, feel free!  Then come back and leave a comment so I can check out your answers!

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

I started laughing at the "tagged" part and now can't see thru the tears or breath very well from laughing so STINKIN' hard. I really wish you could've heard me. Haven't laughed that hard in awhile. You "Monique" are one wild and crazy gal!

denise said...

But you DO have a Barbie that looks like you, remember? ;)