Thursday, November 04, 2010

Quirks

Quirks.  We've all got 'em.  Some of us more than others.  Here are some of my own that I can come up with off the top of my head.
  • afraid of front doors
  • pop my knuckles constantly
  • can share a glass of anything to drink but will never share a glass of milk
  • when making out a grocery list there's an ongoing weekly write out of stuff we need, then i write out a rough draft. i then take the rough draft and write out that list based on the layout of the store i'll be shopping at.
  • hate hate hate going around curves or corners in a vehicle.  i'm usually white knuckled.  this {slightly} irrational fear was caused over 13 years ago when going around a curve {too fast} up on Mt. Rainier, resulting in the car slamming into a rock wall.  i was a passenger.  i re-live the memory often and maybe i need more counseling...
  • i never read the back of a fiction book to see what it's about.  i've found that it often gives away a lot of the story line.
  • i'd rather clean 5 toilets than do 15 minutes of dishes.
  • i squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube.
  • i always park near a cart return no matter how far away from the store's entry.
  • i very rarely drink water.  maybe a glass or two per month.
  • taking medication bugs me.  i have no idea why.  when i got out of the hospital from having half my colon removed i was given a prescription of percoset.  i didn't take it.  i didn't take anything.
  • during the summer i'd rather have a wrinkled shirt, wind blown hair and sweat dripping down my back than use the a/c in a car.  {thanks, Ma!}
  • public restrooms and i don't get along.  i'd rather use an outhouse or a plastic bag than use a restroom where someone is sitting in a stall right next to me.
  • corn belongs as a side dish, it does not belong in anything.  gives me the shivers just thinkin' about it.
I'm sure there are plenty more that I have that, I'm either unaware of or am just plain forgetting. 

What quirks are you willing to share?

3 comments:

Duckygirl said...

I too park by cart returns- always!

I hate leaving voicemails, they are like mini impromptu speeches. Blech.

Using Qtips makes me cough, every time.

I always put on my right sock/shoe first.

Wet hair drives me batty.

I could name hundreds more but I'll stop there :)

~Laura

denise said...

Just for fun, I asked my husband about my quirks and he says that I'm not quirky.

Huh?!

Talk some sense (or nonsense) into that man, will you? In the meantime, here's one I thought of:

I give odd nicknames to places and objects. Walmart, for example, I call "Wadui-marto." It's a Japanese/Spanish translation of my least-favorite store.

HolyMama! said...

What do you drink?! girl! 2 glasses of water a month!

i'm with you on corn. it should be ground up and made into chips. or cornbread. but never kernel-ish in anything because that is physically undigestable and i can't stand the thought.

i don't think potatoes should ever be served cold. (no exceptions for potato salad. gross.)