Saturday, January 01, 2011

Bad Wife

I'm starting 2011 off with a bang.

I've never claimed to be a good wife.

Not ever.

Because I don't believe that I am.

I'm better than I used to be but I still suck.

More than I care to admit.

My husband is skiing today with Emily's husband.  I love that he has Jim to go and do guy stuff with on occasion but skiing freaks me out lately.

A friend of ours was killed in a skiing accident nearly two years ago and just a few days ago I read about a 20-something kid and a 5 yr old little girl dying in a skiing accident.

I don't like the sport.

Sure I've done it and one time I even had fun.

But now, mostly I'm just scared of it.

Some of the last words I said to my husband in 2010 were that I was preparing myself mentally for him not coming home today.

Who says that?!?

Apparently I do.

Ugh.

It was true though.  I laid there thinking about what I'd do without him.  Blank thoughts.  I don't know what I'd do without the man.  I can't do without him.

It's after 4 pm.  I haven't heard from him.  I'm sure he's safe and sound and happy to be hanging out with someone who doesn't have hormone issues.

In the meantime, I'm praying for his quick, safe return.

Mostly so he can take these crazy kids off my hands, I need a nap.  Well, and so I can apologize for my ridiculous behavior last night, too.

3 comments:

HolyMama! said...

it was said from a place of sincere love. genuine, sincere concern for his well being.

maybe he felt blessed that you care that much.

maybe it's okay and you can lighten up on you for saying it!

(you've been skiing and ONCE you even had fun...? HA! Oh dear.)

Wendy said...

Skiing is a scary sport! It's so easy to get hurt. I don't think you're a bad wife for worrying about that.

denise said...

The first time my husband went skiing with your husband (ahem...and you?), I freaked out a little and told him he'd probably end up at the hospital. Good thing that didn't...er, nevermind.