Thursday, January 13, 2011

the measures i'll take for the sake of blog material

So as not to wake up in the night all freaky like normal, I've decided not to write about anything that I fear people will be offended by, I'll also not write anymore about stuff that makes me look crazy.

I guess this concludes my blog.

Goodbye.

Not really.

In fact, you're about to think I'm crazy and that's totally okay.  What I'm doing, I'm doing for you.  Because I'm selfless like that.

Ladies and gentlemen(man) I've decided to get a gym membership.

Uh huh.  I have.  Last night I sent Amber a text asking if the gym she goes to has kickboxing.  Indeed it does but only one day a week.  She lists off a few other things they have.  One of those things being yoga.  Now, I've heard yoga can be all funky and try to make me find my happy place but if it gets me in better shape and has me touching my toes instead of just my belly button, I'm all for it.

Several years ago (and boy do I mean several) I joined the club that is just a half mile from my house and did some aerobics with my sister-in-law, Denise.  And with aerobics you have to have a sense of rhythm which is not something I was given by God.  I was given a sense of direction, sense of smell, etc. but rhythm is nowhere to be found on my list. 

That aerobics class made me want to gouge out my wrists with a spoon.  It was awful.  I made a huge fool of myself.  And at that time I wasn't as used to it as I am now.  I also didn't have a blog at that time, so there wasn't anyone to share the fun with.  Well, I'm sure Denise got several laughs but at that time she was too nice to me to laugh at my face.  We're older, wiser, closer and we more easily laugh at each other ourselves now.

Back to the gym thing.  Basically the texts back and forth with Amber last night was almost enough of a work out that I don't need the membership.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  Discussing spandex and sweat and bodily functions really made my night.

I warned her ahead of time that anything that happened during any workout would be blog material.  She's tough.  I think she can handle it.

Pretty sure I'm going to make the biggest fool out of myself.  Sad thing is, I'll be paying to make a fool out of myself.

And, it's all so I can come home and blog about the adventures I have.

The things I do for you, my reader friends.

And for my emotional and physical well-being.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Ohhh good luck! I'm soooo not athletic but I spent last spring/summer/fall biking and really enjoyed it. I'm missing it! I need something to do...haha!

HolyMama! said...

YEA!!!!
I do ALL classes except anything that required hopping on and over a 'step.' is that the kind you took? i don't mind having no rhythm and being a total obvious klutz, but it's just not FAIR when there's a step waiting to trip you every five seconds!
Have fun!!!

denise said...

Oh, the stories! I can hardly wait. And you get in shape at the same time. I definitely think this is a win-win situation.

Never "Society" Norm said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOL Cannot wait to hear about your adventures! ;D But I know you'll have a blast and do AWESOME! : ) Enjoy every moment!

melissa said...

So brave. If I land too hard from jumping, I wet my pants. TMI you say? This is totally why I refuse to work out in front of people. That and my body will rebel.

Wendy said...

Aerobics classes tend to be pretty funny. Yoga - I personally don't have the patience for (or even the basic flexibility) - but I do hear wonderful things about it.