Sunday, February 27, 2011

Things learned when the husband and children are away

I don't like my kids being gone.  I don't like the silence.  I prefer their bickering over the quiet any time. 

The bathroom floor stays dry when there aren't kiddos to bathe.

The dog and cats do not get fed without a five year old, dark-haired, blue-eyed animal lover here to do the dirty work of wandering down the stairs for their food.

Changing diapers is not so bad.

Naps are actually not for the birds.  I enjoyed one.  A three hour one.

A queen sized bed is too big for one person.

Going for coffee alone isn't all that bad.  It was relaxing.

I can be awake in the wee hours and survive the following day.

The wooden spoon gets used for food more than spankings.

I panic when my car makes noise and there's no one to consult about it.

Alone time isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be.

Two beers is not a healthy dinner.  Especially when you didn't eat lunch and had yogurt for breakfast.  It makes for a rumbly tumbly on Saturday morning.  I was just too lazy to cook for myself.

YouTube music videos on Saturday mornings are a hoot.  Oh the variety of music.

I can deal without them being here.

I just don't care for it as much as I thought I would.

No comments: