Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last Minute Decision

{yawn}

I'm tired.

Oh. So. Tired.

Partly because I was awake until 3:30 this morning.  And partly because I just finished running a 7.5 mile run with a bunch of other people.

Yeah.

7.5 miles.

I've never run that far.

Ever ever.

The most I've run in the last 4 months is 3.1 miles.  Today was more than twice that.

Where's my pain meds?

My wonderful friend, Candee, asked if I wanted to run it.  I told her I'd think about it.  And I thought about it and I thought it was just the dumbest idea ever.  At the time I thought it was 6.5 miles.  6.5 miles is a lot.  Too much for this chubby chick with bad shins and even worse shoes.

But apparently last night someone invaded my thought process and decided that it would be a fantastic idea to go ahead and run this stupid 12K.

So I show up.  And she shows up.  Here we are:



And then she tells me it's not 6.5 miles.  It's 7.5 miles.

I wanted to call my mommy.

Instead.

We ran.

At the five mile marker I got goosebumps.  I was pumped.  So excited.  Almost cried.  At 6.5 miles I wanted to call my mommy again.

At mile 7 I wasn't sure I could keep up my pace and not walk.  I rounded the last corner.  Heard some cheers.  Saw my husband and kids.  I had nothing left in me to kick in for a sprint.  I'd spent it all, man.

I loved it.

It was awesome.

I don't know my official time yet (my phone died at the end and I was keeping track) but I'm guessing 1:23-1:25ish.

Here we are at the end:


Thank you, Candee, for encouraging me to do this and get outta my comfort zone.  I owe you a coffee!  (or something way stronger!)

6 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

Yay Sarah! Way To Go!

Erica Lynn said...

BTW I just ordered your B-Day present! I'm cackling right now :)

Wendy said...

Way to go! Your post made me tired just reading it.

Never "Society" Norm said...

Good job, Sarah! That's amazing! : )

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Um, I can run 7.5 feet... what do you think of that! ;)

Natalie said...

Way to go, Sarah!! I'm so so happy for you!!