Thursday, May 05, 2011

Ten to Go

This weight loss thing seems to have taken forever.

But slow and steady wins the race, right?

Sure, that's what we'll go with.

Since the end of January when I started this endeavor, I have lost 18 lbs.  Cuh-razy.

And now I have less than a month to lose these last 10 lbs if I want to do it before my goal date.  (June 3rd)  I don't think it's going to happen.  (Partly because I'm currently drinking an iced hazelnut breve) (Partly because I have a fresh loaf of french bread waiting for me for lunch) (and a Caramello)

I'm not going to be upset if I can't lose these last 10 lbs before the 3rd.  I'm stoked at what I've lost so far.  I feel great.  Many of my clothes are too big.  And my husband just gave me a chunk o' change for my birthday.  I plan to blow it on clothes.

And maybe some more coffee...

I was emailing a friend this morning about running.  I told her when I first started, I wasn't really a fan.  It took me a good couple of weeks to get in my groove.  Then, at about week 4 I hit a funk again.  Now, it's not that I look forward to running (i'm not there yet) but after I'm at it, I feel good and I'm glad I put out the effort.

I'm looking forward to making some new goals after these last 10 lbs are off.  I don't know if it'll be to lose more (10 lbs still won't put me at pre-pregnancy weight) or if it'll be another race.

One thing at a time, I s'pose.

3 comments:

Never "Society" Norm said...

YOU ROCK!!! I'm so proud of you, friend! : ) I knew you'd do it! : ) May God bless the last 10 for you!

Cousin B said...

Just had to jump in here and congratulate you! From someone who is also struggling with weight loss. I had a daughter go through a real messy divorce and I was her sounding board and help with the kids. THEN I fell from a spooked horse, fractured 3 places in my back and was laid up for most of the winter. NOW I find myself with 30 extra pounds that I have no idea where they came from. :-(
So, you have a good run, and keep up the fantastic work! You have inspired me.

Erica Lynn said...

Sarah, I'm so proud of you. You look great and from seeing you and reading your blog you seem to feel great as well. Keep on keepin on! I know you will do it!