Hey! Okay, so I just have a coupla minutes but need your input.
We're starting school back up in a few weeks and I'm trying to get some ideas together to keep Spicey Spice entertained for the couple hours Sugar and I are working.
Otherwise we'll end up with this again.
I'm thinking boxes labeled Monday-Thursday that she can have filled with goodies. I need ideas for the goodies. Games, or toys or books.
Any ideas? Give me ideas of any kind to keep this girl entertained and I'll randomly select a winner on Thursday for a gift card to Starbucks.
Thank you!!
10 comments:
Play dough
Julie Young
Get her her own school supplies and open a Preschool type book to color, cut, etc.
Set her favorite toys/learning dvd's, etc. in your "school room" so that when she gets bored, she can go play with those. : )
Let her know that she is to only play in ______ area or that _________ area, and will have consequences for disobedience of this. (This is how I had to deal with Viv and Noah my first year homeschooling. Once they knew the routine and rules, it got easier and better). This way though, she can choose to be involved with "school time" or do her own thing but with a few rules so that you can keep an eyeball on her. : ) Hope this helps! : )
Puzzles, spaghetti noodles (raw) and mini marshmallows & cheerios to build/play like knex, sew & lace type toys (like: http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Lace-Trace-Pets/dp/B000O7ISY4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313448129&sr=8-1)
Having bags to keep the activities fresh for each day is an awesome way of keeping their interest!
Praying you have a great homeschool year!
~Laura
Make up ziploc bags of felt activities, cups and beans, paper and crayons, egg cartons with things to sort, wooden puzzles. Check out www.moneysavingmom.com for some great free preschool ideas. Megan
Knives, guns, ninja stars...just kidding...
legos, hot wheels, stickers & her own spiral notebook to put them in, paint by number...you know the kind that you just need water to spread the color around, wonder color markers and coloring books (LOVE these), stamps (she can stamp in her spiral notebook)...
and snacks!! :)
You could probably keep her entertained with the stuff you already have if you start packing away a couple things here and there...and then pull them out again when school starts...
I'm liking the idea of her own books. Books that she can tear, color, spill. Buttons, yarn, large Lego's and one of those small individual tents that she can crawl in and play in her secret hideaway.
Have class outside if she is an outside kinda kid. Sandbox, small pool, dirt she can dig in and plant. While you and sis work at a picnic table. When she wears herself out you can go back inside and continue.
You're a brave woman. I never believed in myself enough to do this. That, and we needed the money from my job too much in the beginning.
My dd enjoyed magnetic tanagrams-- I think we got them at rainbow resource and then used a cheap cookie sheet to stick them to. Wiki sticks are good too--I think they are also called bend-a-roos. Her own lap sized dry erase board could be good too ( unless she tends to write on the walls ;)
Water play on the kitchen (or any tiled!) floor, practice scooping
Rice/bean containers to play in
Puzzles
play-doh is always fun
a dry erase board/markers
how old is she again? lol.
1. Mazes. Simple ones in activity books, find them online and print them out, or draw your own.
2. Silly putty. You can buy it for a buck and it's {usually} easier to clean up than play-doh.
3. Color wonder finger paints and paper.
4. Washable window markers. Her canvas can be the sliding glass door or a mirror.
5. Photo puzzle. Glue a fun family picture onto cardstock or light cardboard and cut it in pieces to make a simple puzzle.
I can't remember how old she is, but I just saw these posts with ideas:
http://unsolicitedadvice-n-such.blogspot.com/2011/07/young-toddler-1-2-yrsbusy-bag-swap.html
http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/08/busy-bag-idea-pool-noodle-stringing.html
Post a Comment