Sunday, December 18, 2011

Prompt catch up

December 16th: Volunteer
Did you volunteer anywhere this year?  Did you learn something in the process?  Would you volunteer in 2012?


I can only think of the time we spend in the nursery at church.  Every other month or so we have the entire month in the nursery.  I've learned that no one wants to work in the nursery.  One of the reasons we're in there every other month instead of every third month.  Not many volunteer for the babies.  It's understandable.  Babies cry.  When one starts, the other 4, 5, 6, or 7 follow suit.  Almost all the babies have a thing for Josh.  One baby only wanted him.  Some of them we just want to take home with us, they're so fantastic.

We'll volunteer in 2012 even though I'd rather not.  I know, that sounds terrible but we've been in the nursery for the last 6.5 years.  I'm kinda ready to do something else at church.  Preach maybe?  Kidding.

December 17th:  Ordinary Joy
How have you experienced ordinary joy this year?


Teaching.  This school year has been going pretty well.  I find joy in watching Sugar learn.  And Spice is learning right along with her.

Clean laundry basket.  I've done so much better with my laundry duties this year.  I find joy in an empty laundry basket.

Cooking.  I love, love, love to be in my kitchen.

My bike.  She makes my heart happy.

Any moment spent with Amber is full of joy.  We can just be sitting on the couch, not even talking to each other, staring at our phones or the tv and I just enjoy being with her.  Being able to sit in comfortable silence with someone is a big deal.

December 18th:  Time
Did time move quickly or slow for you this year?  Was there ever a moment where you felt you blinked and the year was half over?  


This year flew.  I know that it can't go any faster or slower than the 24/7/365 but it just seemed to go so quickly.  We were busy.  The gym.  House projects.  Travels.  Just life in general.  It's been good.

Whew.  Caught up.

No comments: