Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stuff I like

December 15th: Things
Many people believe that things are not important, so whether things or something more grand, what are three most important things in your life right now?


Sweet. An excuse to actually list materialistic crap without feeling guilt for it.

Three important things in my life right now, in random order:

My rig.  I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan.  She has heated seats.  Cup holders.  And the reliability factor.  I like to drive and I do a lot of it so I'm thankful for my van.  Yeah, she's a "mom" rig and that totally loses the fun-ness that I love in a vehicle (oh, the days of my sporty looking red Lancer) but I love that I have room for 6 passengers or that I can pull the seats out and have room for a ton of groceries, tile flooring or my yoga mat..

Yep, love my van.

My gym membership.  I know I could have gotten in shape and lost weight without it but it was definitely a great motivator for me.  I haven't made any friends there, really.  I try to.  But Amber is the only one there who thinks (knows) I'm funny.  I think the guys there just think (know) I'm a total moron.  I smile.  I wave.  I say hello.  They'll have none of it.  Their loss, man.  Their loss.

I'm thankful Josh works with the owner of the gym and I get a sweet discount.  I'm thankful for the instructors that have helped me get to the healthiest place in my life that I've ever been.  I'm thankful for their patience with Amber and me and our ridiculous inappropriateness that we try so hard to keep to ourselves but often fail at.

Lastly, and this is probably the most materialistic of all.  My cell phone.  I keep in touch with my friends, my family, Twitter, Facebook with that thing.  The ability to text with my friends and family is hugely important to me.  I've been without a cell phone, I know it's possible to be.  I just don't want to ever be again. :)

And you?  What are your three important material things?

{notice how I didn't list my bike?  she's not a material possession to me.  she's my love.}

5 comments:

Never "Society" Norm said...

Hmmmmm..........Tough question...... my Camera and Video Camera for sure. It catches many memories and special times..........Oh! and my Vitamix. It makes meal making time a sinch and SUPER healthy too! Even makes soup! ; ) And third...........my computer. It is the place I go to escape the world and to do my favorite activity----- SHOP. ; ) I do love my elliptical machine too but since you only asked for three, these are my tops! ;D

Melissa said...

I guess I have to love the phone I own (blahberry), I use it obsessively. Twitter yes, Facebook never.

Ah, let's see. My coffee pot. Its a durable Bunn. I would love to upgrade to an espresso machine.

I honestly can't think of a 3rd item. Maybe my truck, but I'm not attached that much. Maybe my much-lusted after Iphone 4S, even though its not a reality yet.

denise said...

My phone is definitely on my list too. Also, my house. Love it. Lastly, my slippers. Any slippers, really, as long as they keep my feet warm.

Wendy said...

Ooooooh....so THAT'S what the question meant! LOL. I didn't think actual physical "things." My bad.

Duckygirl said...

I like those things too....good list! :O)