The other night Josh and I were talking about how I roll.
Always living in the past. Always wishing I'd done something better. Something different. Always regretting choices and decisions I've made.
It's tiring.
Exhausting, really.
Josh said, "You're just wired for regret, Sarah."
wham!
Wired for regret?
Why yes, yes I am.
I realized that I'm really freaking tired of it too. I'm tired of beating myself up for past mistakes. I'm tired of dwelling on every negative thing I've ever said or done.
I have a few goals for 2012, but the main one is to not live "wired for regret."
2011 was an awesome year for me.
Sure there was sucky stuff, too. I made my share of mistakes.
But I'm not going to regret them. I'm just not. I lived my life in 2011. I'm going to grow from the positive and negative choices I made last year.
I'm going to make bad choices again this year. It's inevitable. But I'm not going to beat myself up over them anymore. I'm just going to continue to grow through them.
Looking forward to this year. To 2012 and all that's in store.
5 comments:
Love it!!
That's why we need Jesus, - He didn't die for nothing! He thought you were worth it, so if it's good enough for Him, I can handle that.
Great post...here is to a great 2012...let's hope! Gotta get through this winter ;)
Sarah...I love you. 2012 is gonna be amazing! Because it has to be...I said so!
You are such a sweetie! And I love this post! It could have been written for me. Thank you for the positive outlook and I believe we are in for a great new year. And ya know what? Even if it isn't, we will make lemonade! If it needs to be spiked, then so be it! LOL
Post a Comment