Wednesday, June 13, 2012

{choose joy with me today}

I was texting with Megan (my baby sister) last week about life and how sometimes I'm just ready to be done with it.  For the most part, I kinda suck at living.

I'm not the wife or mother or person I thought I'd be.  I had these crazy notions that I would be really good at it, this life thing - and I'm not.

Sometimes I just get super discouraged and think it'd be better to not be kickin'.

But deep down I know I'm here, on this earth, right now, for a reason.  Whatever His reasons may be.

So today I choose joy.  I choose to laugh and love in spite of the stuff that tries to keep me down.  I choose joy on this road that sometimes seems dark.  


I hope today you choose to do the same despite the circumstances weighing on your life, your heart, your mind right now.  


3 comments:

Sam said...

Wow, this speaks to me today. Earlier I was driving and thinking about how my 3 year-old is throwing at least one major fit a day, and I was so aware of the fact that I didn't think it was going to be like this. And I thought I'd be better at it. Perhaps we all feel this way?

denise said...

Ah, choosing joy...I need to hear this at the moment too.

I was having a really good day until I went to Walmart. (Need I explain more?) Now I'm pretty darn crabby.

But I'll choose joy anyway.

Never "Society" Norm said...

I can relate. One of my best friends just lost her dad a week ago. Another one of my best friends is dealing with being convicted with something he didn't do. It is hard to feel joy right now. For sure I feel joy in my family. So that is what I will cling to and praise the Lord for. Life throws too many hard balls.