I've never claimed to be a good mom. Honestly because I don't really think I am.
I'm short-tempered. I yell. I don't play make believe very well. Or at all. And even with a name like Sarah Lee, I very rarely bake. Unless it's brownies out of a box. Then I bake those.
Or at least eat the batter.
Okay, anyway.
So I may not be a good mom but I'm a fun(ish) mom.
Driving by a park but don't wanna play for very long? That's me. My solution? Pull up to said park and yell,
"seatbelts off! hurry! hurry! jump outta the van, go down the slide twice, jump on the swings, do a round on the merry-go-round then run! run! back to the van!"
And they scramble.
And I don't have to get out.
And they think this is great fun.
It boils down to me being a strange mom I suppose. Though they don't know it yet. They don't know that most moms actually get out of the rig and push the babes on the swings and push em on the merry-go-round. They don't know that most moms don't roll down the window to bark at strangers on the sidewalk. Or wear orange sunglasses.
Or wear prom dresses to the grocery store. Wait, whaaat?

Well this one does. This mom will buy a prom dress 15 years after she's too old for prom, and wear it to the grocery store.
Just because.
Like I do. Did. Yesterday.
After all this time of people knowing me or being my friend on FB they wanted proof I'd actually go to the store like this. So I asked Sugar to take my picture and seven year olds, if you didn't know, ROCK at taking pictures.
Of headless people.
I assure you. That is me. In the formal attire with flip flops.
And of course I'm sporting my orange sunglasses. You just can't see them.
I feel like I need to print off two copies of this blog post and put them in the girls' baby books so they can just hand it to their therapist and say, "See. See why I'm here?!"
And this post. It will explain much of why my kids are whacked.
You do this stuff too, right?
4 comments:
I am so there. My kids wanted to go somewhere...anywhere, so I popped popcorn, loaded them into the van and we went to the car wash. I splurged on the super deluxe wash and we had 12 minutes of entertainment. Next time, I think we'll wear formal wear.
I am so there. My kids wanted to go somewhere...anywhere, so I popped popcorn, loaded them into the van and we went to the car wash. I splurged on the super deluxe wash and we had 12 minutes of entertainment. Next time, I think we'll wear formal wear.
I think one of the most boring parts of parenting is taking the kids to the park. Pushing them on the swings is mind-numbing. If I don't have another mom to talk to, I usually call my sister to tell her how bored I am.
Mom of the Year! :-)
Thanks for the picture. Spice is a great photographer!
You ARE the most fun mom I know. Your girls will have some amazing memories.
And heck - forget pushing the baby on the swing - I just join them on the swings myself. It's great fun until I feel like I'm going to puke.
Post a Comment