Nearly two years ago my husband got this amazing idea to move our staircase over in order to make our kitchen larger.
I love to cook. We both love to eat.
And invite people over.
However, my small kitchen made it difficult to entertain more than a couple of people at our small dining table.
So when Josh told me his idea, I liked it, definitely. But I thought he had gone crazy. Move the staircase? Really?
Yes, really. So he and his best friend Jim went to work moving our stairs. (Jim's a huge life saver!) Stairs have been moved for quite some time. My kitchen is twice the size it was and it's now much easier to invite a crowd over.
We have room enough for everyone.
But.
(you knew that was coming, right?)
But even though the stairs have been moved and my peninsula thingy (not quite an island) is built, my drywall is up, the room has not been finished.
For two years I have looked at bare drywall. It's driving me crazy. Crazier, perhaps. Drywall is one of those jobs that just sucks. I can do it. Josh can do it. We both hate it. So instead of just tackling it, we've put it off and put it off.
I finally asked Josh last Saturday if I could hire someone to just finish the drywall. At first he didn't like the idea. He wanted to be the one to finish the job. I understood but pointed out that if we hired it done, it'd get done much faster and then he could focus on other projects that he actually wants to do.
So he agreed.
And the heavens rejoiced.
My friend Tommy showed up a couple of days ago, busted out some drywall moves and in no time I'm going to be able to texture and paint this room.
My countertop still needs to be glued down, there's still a cabinet to build for my double oven, and a 6" cupboard that needs to be built, but the biggest headache for us, the drywall, is just about done.
By the end of the day that part of this two year project will finally be complete.
While difficult to hand over part of this project to someone who hasn't been a part of this on-going kitchen saga, it was just time. It was time to say when.
And it's been the best money I've ever spent.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see pictures!!!!
Post a Comment