But not with my sister.
I saw it with friends. Friends I don't know super well but pretty sure I'm already in love with them.
(prefunk at Applebee's talking about giving birth, yoga pants, kids who cuss, and how different it is raising little boys to little girls)
We got to the theater and apparently they'd sold more tickets than they had seats, so the six of us were split up and some of us were put in folding chairs. It's possible the powers that be at the movie theater knew we were coming and planned this ahead of time.
I got an end seat next to a guy didn't know. He was with some friends and paid no attention to me when I sat down.
Hello, I don't like not being paid attention to.
So I put my arm around the back of his chair. Uh huh. I did. And leaned as close to him as I could.
Still he paid no attention to me. Eh. Whatev. I kept my arm around him anyway. Even pretended I was going to rub his back a couple of times when he leaned forward - but I refrained. I promise.
He finally acknowledged me and I commented on his candy choice. Reese's Pieces.
I told him I hadn't seen Reese's Pieces in a long time.
So he shared his with me. Yes. Yes, he did.
At one point one of his friends asked me if I was Team Edward or Team Jacob.
"Team Jacob, duh. Because who likes a white guy?" They laughed and gave me knuckles.
(Taylor Lautner is white, btw, according to Google. But plays a Native American in the movie)
The movie was fun.
My friends, the ones I showed up with and my new one, Ricardo, were what made my night, though.
Good. Times.
No comments:
Post a Comment