Today I went shopping for some new yoga clothes. I've been wearing the same pair of athletic pants for about a year and a half and I'm just sure that at any moment they are going to rip right down the middle and my bare ass will be exposed to all of class.
Well, not completely bare. You know what i mean.
I think.
So I'm in TJ Maxx and I find some "active wear" section and there is not much of a selection but whatever. I grab a size medium pants and they just look big. It was weird. So I grabbed the small and they looked ridiculously small.
What the hoo ha hay?!
I didn't get the mediums because while I used to buy my clothes a size bigger (knowing full well I'd be growing into them at any given time) I no longer do that. I buy clothes that fit. Fit fit. Just right fit.
I grabbed the small and felt like I needed to suck it in while I paid for them.
Three work out(ish) shirts and one pair of yoga pants later I head out the door. When I get home I put on one of the tops. Now, you can suck in your belly all you want but I'm here to tell you that you cannot, as much as you try, suck in your boobs. Those bad girls are just there. And so I'm squishing them and maneuvering them all over the place to get them in.
Those pads they put in there? Yeah, I ripped those out immediately. Thank you, work out shirt, but I have enough of my own shiz in there without your help.
It was then time to suck it in to put on the ultra cozy tight yoga pants. I've never had official yoga pants before and these are truly from the Lord. (right, Curtis) Again, sucked in my tummy while I'm pulling 'em on but there's no sucking in of the thighs or rear and there may have been a teensy weensy little stretching noise as I got em up and over the buttocks.
Such a strange word.
Anyway, the point of this post (am I supposed to have one?) is that clothes, like shoes, should come in half sizes. I coulda used a small and a half.
3 comments:
Totally empathizing with you and laughing at the same time! Reminds me of the time I went to buy sports bras for the first time (first few weeks of my first pregnancy, need I say more??). I was certain I was going to have to yell for the attendant to come cut me out of the blasted thing!
Ha! The fact that you can fit your entire body into a small size is impressive. I could fit one leg in a small, but only up to my knee.
I wore my kinda saggy yoga pants to the park today. People in my neighborhood are all dressed cute and stuff, I looked like that crazy mom I was today.
Post a Comment