Wednesday, June 19, 2013

there's a lot of fun in puddles

I have always been a huge fan of the rain.

Several years ago my friend Keri and I were driving our cars from Yakima to home on the freeway when there was this crazy downpour.  She pulled off the side of the road, me right behind her.  We got out of our cars and just stood in the downpour.

A couple nights ago the rain just started coming down here.  Josh, the girls, and I went outside in the pouring rain.  We watched the lightning and listened to the thunder and we came in absolutely drenched.

Rain is such a good time.

But the fun doesn't end when the rain stops.

It's just the beginning.

Rain provides puddles.  And puddles are too fun to resist.  There's just no point in trying.

On my bike ride last night I saw that there were a lot of puddles along the pathway.  I prayed they would still be around today so I could take the girls on a walk and play in them.

I asked the girls to put their rain boots on and of course they want to know why, where we going, who's coming with us, are we having snacks?  Can we not just put on boots without 20 questions?  Apparently not.

And so we walked and Sugar saw a puddle and I told her to run through it.

"Really!?"  Her big blue eyes grew even bigger.  She smiled and showed off what teeth she has left.  And off she went.  Little sister was more cautious.  And it took time but toward the end of our walk, she got in on the fun, too.



You didn't think I'd miss out on the fun, did you?  I had my rain boots on too.  They double as my snow boots in the winter.

I loved watching the girls play.  So carefree.  And just loving the mess.  Made this mama heart smile.

1 comment:

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

The girls will remember that..really they wil..what a fun post!

Jan