Tuesday, October 07, 2014

A bathroom update.

In February I demolished our bathroom while Josh was outside working on his Suburban.

(that'll teach him.)



Over the next couple of weeks he would help with demolition, I would pee outside, and we would not have a tub or shower.



Then there was a toilet and a tub but no shower.



There's been no shower for nearly EIGHT MONTHS.  But you guys, we are getting closer.  I'm thinking by the end of the week.  We've also had a double vanity in there but neither sink was working.  We now have one sink working and no longer have to brush our teeth in the kitchen the way we've been doing since February.

A couple of months back I showed you this picture.  I had ordered this mirror months and months ago and we just never got around to putting it up.  While Josh went and climbed Mt. Rainier, I went to the glass company in town and asked if they'd put it up for me.  They came right over.  Then I went on to explain what I wanted it to look like when it was done.  I pulled up Pinterest and showed him.  He put this mirror up and then....



And then he did this!



The guy from the glass company did an amazing job.  It's my favorite part of the bathroom.

For a long time our floor looked like this:



And now it looks like this:



Very inexpensive, very durable, super easy installation, and it looks nice.

Here's the start of the tiling job:



And the (mostly finished product):



Also, the shower curtain I was in love with, yeah, I totally splurged and spent the $85.  She's so crazy worth every single penny.

Displaying photo.JPG

I really got lucky with my paint colors.  I had seen this curtain online then went to the paint store, picked a couple of colors that I hoped would be close, and oh my goodness, they match perfectly.

As you can see we still need to trim out the door and the floor.  I'm also going to be ordering a new window for the bathroom, it will also need trim.  But, for the most part, this room is nearly done.  We're always pretty terrible when it comes to finishing the odds and ends.  So I'm sure it'll still be awhile.  I don't care, though.  I get to shower in here soon.  And I have a big, beautiful mirror.  Two sinks.  TWO!

It's been a pain in the rear.  It really has been.  And I've whined to many of you.  (sorry!) But I'm still glad we decided to redo this room.  It's my favorite remodel we've done.

And we've done many.

1 comment:

Liz said...

love the bathroom. And brilliant for just asking someone else for help - I know my husband never would, but he would probably be so grateful if I surprised him and got someone else to fix his tires for him.