Monday, September 18, 2006

My Favorite Chore

Today, like most days, I procrastinated. I didn't do much all day. I cleaned up the breakfast dishes, caught up on my emails, started to clean up my scrapbook area, then called it a day. Then 3 o'clock rolled around and I realized my husband, who'd been working so hard all day and had to miss his lunch, would be home soon. So, I did the rest of the dishes, dusted the living room (with the help of Jaylee) and then off to my favorite chore, the bathroom. Seriously, I love to clean the bathroom. It's one room I feel you can see a huge difference in even if not much is done. Just making sure the towels are folded neatly, dried toothpaste is washed out of the sink, and the t.p. roll is facing the right way makes the room sparkle.

After cleaning the bathroom I made dinner. While making dinner I realized that if I'd done all this work in the morning, I would have had the entire day to prepare for my husband to come home without a rush. Lately the Lord has really pressed on my heart to become the Proverbs 31 woman. It seems crazy. But I know it's His will for me. To take care of my husband and my household. So, while making dinner, the verse that came to me was Proverbs 31:27, "She wathces over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness." (NKJV)

The entire day I had been eating the bread of idleness. I was not watching over the ways of my household, I was watching daytime television. Praise the Lord for tomorrow! I am going to work on this. I go through phases where I do so well then it seems I fall off the wagon. I just realized right now why I fall off the wagon, I'm trying to do everything in my own strength. No wonder I don't get anywhere. I need His strength.

Maybe one day the bathroom won't be the only chore I love.

What's your favorite chore? What makes it your favorite?

No comments: