Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Vacation Pictures

A recap of our vacation: We headed down to Portland and spent some time with the Patzke family. On Sunday morning we woke up bright and early and headed to Bandon. We went to a Safari park. The Safari park made me realize I need a goat. Yes, need. Not want, need. I loved them. Jaylee loved them. Joshua pretended not to love them, but he did. We went to a little seafood restaurant where we had clams, those are gross. I felt like I was on Fear Factor. Bluuhhck!

We wanted to see the lighthouse at sunset. It was so beautiful! We asked some random people to take our picture. I think they thought we were weird. Pffft...what do they know?....

At Pier 39 in San Francisco, Jaylee and her daddy watched the caraousel before deciding to get on. She was pretty tired but I think she enjoyed herself. We went to Coit Tower where I made a complete fool of myself, I know, you're all shocked at that one. It's totally different to make a fool of yourself on purpose and then to do it by accident. We're at the top of this tower and the windows are all around. Joshua calls me over to look at this roof top garden, I walk over to look out the window and BAM! I smacked right into the window. I felt like a bird slamming into a freshly windexed sliding glass door. I could have died. Uncle Steven told me I didn't have to get that close. Yeah, thanks...

We ate Japanese food, I found out that of the "nese" food, I prefer CHInese. We had Indian, which was quite yummy and inexpensive. Makes it taste even better then! :) And of course, when in California, eat as the Californians...organic. It doesn't taste any different, just has a fancy shmancy label on it.

For the last eight years Uncle Steven has climbed the Half Dome at Yosemite. This year Joshua decided to join him. It took almost 11 hours but they made it. I asked how it was. "The most strenuous thing I've ever done," he tells me. He was pretty wiped out. That night we had to share a sleeping bag so we didn't get much sleep (because there wasn't room to get comfortable, not because...) anyway, we left Yosemite and planned our route home. We figured about 14 hours of straight driving. We chose a road neither of us had been on, we thought it'd be fun to see some new country. Well, that turned out to be a not so good idea. 20 hours ladies and gentlemen. That's right. 9:30 am-5:30 am. Our sweet little girl was so patient. She never fussed. She was such a trooper.

We laid her down and she let us sleep for a couple of hours. The Lord really blessed us with a crazy amount of energy because after only two hours of sleep we were able to clean out our car, do laundry, empty suitcases...it was amazing. For those who know us, you know it's a miracle my suitcases are empty before December. I was proud of us.

All in all our vacation was so great! The Lord blessed us with amazing weather, safety on the road and a great time with family.

Thank you all for wearing your life jackets while we were gone.

No comments: