Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Apologies

Sorry for my sour post.

I've had the day to simmer down a bit. The morning we had just wasn't good. I had a very poor attitude from the get-go and I just let it consume me.

There was so much anger inside me. I was just really really peeved. Trying to figure it out I realized that when I'm the most mad, it's usually myself I'm mad at. And that was totally it today.

I was having a major heart issue.

Contentment.

I have a nice house. She's older but she's nice. Or, at least getting that way, with a lot of blood, sweat and tears from my Josh and me. Literally. However, even though we have new sheetrock in most rooms and an updated kitchen and bathroom, we don't have any storage on the main level of our home. We have 3 levels but only one is really user-friendly, we have an unfinished basement and a large room upstairs but it's not insulated, so it's either really cold or really hot up there. So...I have plenty of storage up or down, just not where I'd like it to be.

You can see in my profile that I hate clutter but for some reason it adores me. Clings to me like a lost puppy. I have a hard time throwing away magazines or receipts or anything that I might need someday. I'm really bad at not putting things where they belong right away. I set it somewhere and then I set a few other things with it and sure enough a few somethings have turned into lots of somethings and I have a mess. A cluttery mess.

Arrrggh!!

I have a lot of money invested in scrapbook supplies. But I don't really have a place for my supplies where I can access them easily. This morning in the midst of my bad mood I had decided to throw everything out. (Stop rolling your eyes, Treena) I had decided all or nothing. If I couldn't use it, why have it?

Well...after a few minutes of deep breaths and some silent prayers, I got to work.

My scrapbook stuff will be easily accessible. My linen closet now has linens in it instead of a jumbled mess of scrapbook supplies. I had one wall in my living room painted cocoa and decided it was just too dark, so I whipped out some paint and painted it the same color as the rest of the room. Man, that really helped my mood. I didn't buy anything. I worked with what I had all day and the Lord provided me patience, a good baby, a cooperative toddler and a friend to stop by to talk to.

So, my bad day got much better. Thank you for your prayers.

And I just realized my foot's asleep. Hate that.

Talk to ya tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

you threw away your scrapbook stuff or you just reorganized it???

rest I think you need more rest!:)