Okay, so my last coupla posts...I'd say sorry. But, I don't want to be sorry. This blog is definitely something I do to stay connected with family and friends and uh, "friends in the black box" but it's also an outlet for me.
And spilling my weak heart about my dad, well, was cheap therapy for me. I shut the comments off on that post because I knew no one would know what to say and I didn't want anyone to feel they had to say something.
That day actually wasn't too bad. Better than most years I've had. Year five was the worst. I went and got a tattoo, ya know, "in memory" but basically it was my selfish imaturity shining through.
So, Wednesday, I was mostly bored. I refrained from going out to get a tattoo this year. :) Josh was up at Mt. Rainier spandexing with a bunch of friends, my house was clean and my children were well behaved. I didn't have much to do. Why does it sound like I'm whining about having nothing to do?!?
I put on my Big Girl Panties and realized that, yeah, he's gone. But he was here for a reason.
And I think I tuck two of those reasons into bed every night.
4 comments:
Your dad would be so proud of you, I know I am. You have been through so much, and I know there were real dark times, but look at the Godly woman you are today. You are an amazing wife and mother. You are my heart.
Mom
I'm sorry I didn't remember. I'm a terrible sister. I don't have words to describe how sorry I am for not being there for you. I love you.
P.S. You can have my dad-he's free to a good home. Actually any home would be fine, as long as it has beer.
I was gonna put out the same offer as Erica..
But well, you know the end to THAT story..
See...the memories live on...in your heart..."he was here for a reason.." You tuck them in each nite......great way to remember...
Post a Comment