Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Lucky me, well...sorta

Last month I subscribed to our town's newspaper. In doing so I was entered in for a $50 grocery gift card. I didn't give it a second thought because I just won the crock pot in July. I never thought I could win two things in one year!

Yesterday I get a call from Debbie at the newspaper congratulating me because my name was drawn! Woo hoo, thank You, Lord!

Everyone knows that 50 bucks in groceries is much needed!

We had company coming over last night, I was making tacos for dinner, and I notice my husband is gnawing on a tortilla. A tortilla that should have been for dinner. Grrr. I know it was only one tortilla but it was the first time this family was coming for dinner and I didn't know how much they'd eat, so I was pretty sure that one tortilla would mean we didn't have enough food. So, I decided to run to the newspaper for my gift card and then run to the store which is right across the street from the newspaper.

On my way, I look in my rear view mirror and realize...I haven't showered today. I have company coming in about 15 minutes. I have no make up on (not that I wear it often anyway) and I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the same shirt I wore to bed.

Then it hits me.

The lovely givers of the gift card are going to want to take my picture!!!!

Sure enough.

I'm sure it's going to be the most uh-mazing picture ever. I coulda died. If I didn't need that gift card so badly I would have passed up the card and picture taking. But I couldn't do it, I needed tortillas!

Don't you worry, not only will our town see me in my non-showered, no make up, pajama glory, I will share the picture with you when I get the paper.

The things I do for you.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Patzke's said...

LOL!!! That is great. The things we have to do for a $50 gift card.

Corie said...

Congrats on winning the card!
That's awesome.

And, just think... at least you get the newspaper that will show this picture of you! :)

Hope the dinner went well.... did you need the extra tortilla????

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Congrats on the grocery card! Every thing helps in todays shopping trips! Things happen in threes ya know..first the crockpot, now grocery $$, better buy a lotto ticket!
(did it turn out you needed that ONE moe tortilla?)

Kristie said...

LOL I love you!!