Thursday, September 18, 2008

An offer we weren't expecting

Josh has been going to the dentist quite a bit lately. He has some deep cleaning issues to resolve.

I'm sure you've seen in some of our pictures that Josh has some fake teeth. Some people have fake teeth and you'd never know it. Not the case for my husband.

His fake teeth drive his dentist crazy. The reason, because he can fix them. It'd just cost us a coupla grand. Yeah, not in the budget.

Today he goes in for some cleaning and Dr. Volz comes in. Tells him they have an offer for him.

He'll fix Josh's teeth in exchange for before and after pictures.

No money out of our pocket AT ALL.

My husband's response:

"I'm gonna have to ask my wife, she likes my teeth."

And I do. It's all I've ever known. I don't even notice it anymore yet I couldn't imagine him with perfect teeth in front. I told him it's up to him. His mouth, his teeth, his decision.

It'll just be really weird if he chooses to have them fixed.

Some shots that really show Josh's teeth:


Josh and his sister.
The class reunion
On our way to El Gaucho

What would you do?



9 comments:

Jeana said...

If you trust the dentist and it's free, I would go for it.

On an unrelated note, why does that Twitter sign in box come up when I click on your blog?

Anonymous said...

You know me- I would fix them. I would totally trust the dentist and not just because he is my BIL. I see pts that would kill to have this opportunity.
By the way I love the last pic.
miss ya love ya

Kristie said...

go for it it's FREE!!

In the long run it will be better for his mouth's health to have new teeth...I'm emailing you about this...

Corie said...

Oooh, that is an interesting offer.
I think I would go for it.

It's great your hubby said he would ask you first before deciding to change anything about himself. SO sweet!!!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Cool!...I think..(?)..I have a horrible fear of dentists...since a child, I'm not one to answer..(Does he use hypnosis? Had my wisdom teeth pulled that way and the ONLY time i 'enjoyed' myself under ones drill!)

**Really, FREE? and it would be good for his long term health...

Awwww...but you guys are beautiful! I don't even notice his teeth when you 2 are together! What neat pictures!!

**Really, FREE? and it would be good for his long term health...

See...even my keyboard flipflops like my belly does at the mention of d-e-n-t-i-s-t

Patzke's said...

Free is always a good thing. Nice that he asked you first. But after how much came out of my pocket that insurance didn't cover I would go with free. But like you said, some of us have only known him like that.

Unknown said...

I think it would just be difficult to pass up this opportunity. It's really kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity in my opinion. So I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love that last picture you posted. You guys look awesome together.

You already know what we did...but I do get your dilemna. It's one of those things that makes him unique.

Liz said...

I understand that you like his teeth, but hey, that's a heck of an offer. It's not like the dentist is asking you to tatoo his business card on his forehead or anything!