Tuesday, February 10, 2009

He's Calling in Sick

Our church does an annual Valentine's banquet dealie-o. We don't go. I don't know why, we just haven't gone.

Last year I guess they did this Newlywed Game that was a total riot. Rather, my aunt and uncle were the riot. I believe they ended up winning the game. Rumor has it anyway...not that there are rumors in the church...

Anywho.

Last week I get a call from our associate pastor, Tom. It's always a little scary to me to get a call from the pastor. Not sure why. I think it reminds me of school days and the principal and all of that. Not that I ever had to go see the principal...for skipping class...

Um, again, anywho...

Tom calls to ask if Josh and I would like to be among the couples to play in this year's Newlywed Game. I chuckled.

Then agreed.

I told Josh we were going to the banquet and that we were playing this game. He was fine with it until:

Sunday, our pastor was up front making announcements and was talking about this Friday and the dinner banquet and asked who the particpants were for the Newlywed Game. I didn't say anything. Didn't need to, as Tom's wife Pia, who was sitting in front of us, let everyone know we were part of the game.

Josh leans over and whispers, "you mean, not everyone going to the dinner is playing?"

I shook my head.

And I'm wondering if we were chosen, in part, to play this game because I posted this picture of us on Facebook and Pia saw it and thought we'd be a good laugh for those at the banquet...



We're supposed to bring a wedding picture. More on that later this week...

6 comments:

Maria said...

Why would she think that you guys would be a riot.. you look perfectly normal...haaaaaaaaa

Corie said...

Wish I could be there!
I'm sure it will make for a very entertaining post!

Natalie said...

You and Josh will be hilarious! Does pastor Tom know you're not newlyweds?

Natalie said...

You and Josh will be hilarious! Does pastor Tom know you're not newlyweds?

javamamma said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes! Have fun!

Sara@iSass said...

Did you know I'm blonde?
So when I say "I don't get it" I mean the picture...doesn't everyone wear those kind of bras????
And I would patent that mask because if there was a posion toxin in the air that extra padding or waterbra would be real handy.
DO you watch General Hospital?
That's so what the picture reminded me of.