On March 6, 2009 President Obama made the announcement that he wants to reverse the Conscience Clause.
What is the Conscience Clause?
"The Conscience Clause was implemented by former President George W. Bush to give physicians and nurses the choice to act according to their conscience — to not participate in abortion procedures if it conflicts with their personal convictions. If President Obama makes this damaging move, if he reverses the Conscience Clause, pro-life doctors and nurses will be forced into performing abortion procedures, despite their individual beliefs."
http://www.beheardproject.com/
Be Heard Project -Protect Pro-Life Doctors from beheard on Vimeo.
The video shows that it's over 5 minutes long, it isn't. Take the few seconds to watch. Then go to beheardproject.com and sign the petition. We have less than 30 days.
8 comments:
I praise Obama for placing good health care above ideological demands.
Bush's Conscience Clause is too vague - and goes beyond just abortion. It allows workers in health-care settings to refuse to provide services, information or advice to patients on subjects such as contraception, family planning, blood transfusions and even vaccine counseling if they are morally against it.
Patients need to be informed of their options - regardless of a doctor or nurse's moral beliefs.
Good health care???? Natalie, I am sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about! Unless good health care to you is waiting for months or even years in order to even see a doctor...or to have the government tell you whether it is worth treating your cancer, illness, etc. This is only the beginning, and FAR from "good health care". We are headed to socialism at it's core. We are no longer a democracy. It won't be long before many more rights will be taken. Sarah, thank you for your post. I am going to send as many people to sign as I can.
It's all a bit scary... that's what I am thinking....
I am so glad you posted this. It makes me sad to see it's come to this...going to sign now.
God's Girl, I don't think I ever brought up 'socialized' healthcare. And I'm not sure where you are getting your information because that's not what Obama has in mind. He's simply providing healthcare for those that can't currently afford it at all. People who previously had zero healthcare can now get more regular checkups, have infections cured, and get their teeth cleaned. Women who couldn't afford insurance can now get life saving mammograms, and other 'woman' exams. Sounds scary, huh? Those families that can afford their own private healthcare will not be affected in any noticable way. They can go to the same good doctors they choose, like Emily's Dad for instance. God teaches us to care for each other, and the best way to do that is to participate, pay your taxes, and be part of the solution not part of the problem.
We're so scared of the BAD that comes with giving people choices, that we don't stop to think about what "freedoms" we've already taken away. What about all the responsible medical researchers that could have conducted ethically and morally safe research on stem cells that could cure your child's leukemia, parkinson's, MS, cerebral palsey, etc (God Forbid, your child have any of these), but what if they could be cured.
I guess what I want to say is that we need to stop fearing "the bad" things and take a chance on people being good. Our freedoms, have been taken away more in the last 8 years than in any other 8 year span. Giving people the tools to do good things is not taking anything away.
Thanks so much for posting this information, Sarah. It's always good to be aware, whatever your stand on the issues.
I fear that one unintentional consequence of reversing this clause is that many gifted medical practitioners will leave obstetrics, labor & delivery, etc. because they refuse to violate their own consciences. I have a good friend in nursing school who has already told me that's what he will do.
About Natalie,
There is a million things I would love to talk with you about as far as Obama is concerned. Unfortunately, it would be a book before I was done. First, you didn't have to say the physical words "socialized healthcare", for it to be just that. And Obamas plan IS just that! Second, his healthcare plan is not made to take care of us. I am talking through experience when I tell you that my husband and I are hard working middle class income people...we cannot afford healthcare for ourselves and our 3 children, nor does his plan provide this. We are debt free minus our home, and don't have all the little extras, and yet we are not "taken care of" as far as health and dental are concerned. My oldest son was diagnosed w/ Autism when he was 3...talk about some serious debt at that time since there was no insurance that would provide mental health for our family because of our income. And let me tell ya, we're not "rich" that is for sure. These horrible diseases you are mentioning are truly horrible. But Obama's healthcare plan is not the answer. As far as stem cell research goes, there is many other places Scientists can get the stem cells they need (ie: people who have passed away, etc.). This is just an excuse they use to have a reason to KILL our children before they even have a chance to live.
Post a Comment