I was that girl who at five minutes pregnant wanted to wear maternity clothes.
I love me some maternity clothes.
'Specially the jeans.
It's amazing to not have to zip up or button your jeans. To just pull 'em down and then pull 'em up. So easy. So convenient. Sooo comfy.
Today we stopped in Biggs, OR on our way home to gas up and use the restroom. For some reason I tried to just pull my jeans down without unbuttoning them first. It didn't work. It reminded me of the first day I was able to wear normal jeans after having Alison. I was so used to just pullin 'em down that it came as quite the shock when it didn't work out so hot.
But while washing my hands before leaving the restroom I thought, ya know, I think I might have to buy me a pair of maternity pants just for the sake of not having buttons or zippers. And that panel can hold my belly flab so it's contained and not jiggling all over the place.
You may think I'm kidding but oh I'm not.
I think it's been my most intelligent thought since, well...ever.
6 comments:
I feel the EXACT same way. Hey, I have four and by the time you have four your maternity clothes are your real clothes anyway!
OOH I love my M. underwear they were under the belly ones but they cover my WHOLE butt. Not like these Hanes that CLAIM the no bunch/ride-up promise. SPISH!
And I have to agree those pants were FABO! The problem I have is I have hips that are wide and when I buy jeans most have that stinking gap back there...I hate it...I hate the muffin top and I refuse to where MOM jeans...somebody need to do something...I think it's up to you to come up with fashionable easy up/ easy down jeans that aren't for prego people.
And make it snappy eh?
Oh, Sarah! Sometimes we are so alike.
Can I tell you that I needed to wear a pair of black slacks a couple of weeks ago. I tried on my regular pants and decided they were just too tight still.
So, I went out to the garage, got into my maternity clothes rubbermaid tub and pulled out my black maternity slacks. Yes, I did. 9 months after I had my baby, I put those pants back on and wore them! My husband was like "you are wearing WHAT?".
He just didn't understand....
So far, those pants are the only thing that has come out of that tub.... so far. :)
Have you ever tried gaucho pants or yoga pants? Same comfy concept only non-maternity. I've been preggo so much that I wait til the last possible day to put on the maternity pants. :)
-Laura
I know the frustration all too well! I'm with Duckygirl....workout sweats are the only way to go=). They are so comfortable, and they still look "in". Nordstrom has a sale on them twice a year. I can let ya know when the next one comes 'round if you'd like.
oh my word...i remember my mom NEVER wore jeans. always polyester pants w/ the elastic waist. she was fluffy, i'll call her. oh goodness, does this mean my *wearing sweats all day/everyday* mean i'm becoming my mother!
way to start a new fad!
now where did you get those peanut butter oreo cookies again?
Post a Comment