Friday, July 17, 2009

Battin' a Thousand

We're on our way to the weekend of camping fun. Sometimes I'm not sure those two words should be in the same sentence but I think (hope, pray, beg!) that this trip will be fun.

But it's off to a rough start.

We left about an hour after Emily's family because they have a longer drive.

Ten miles into the trip I realize I forgot the taco meat for the taco salad I'm making for dinner. So...

Back home we go.

About an hour into the trip Josh remembers our tabs on our Suburban expired July 1st.

Sigh...

And since there's probably a warrant out for my arrest already for forgetting to pay my ticket, he didn't think we should chance it this weekend w/o tabs.

Soooo....I used my handy dandy phone to find the nearest licensing dept.

Josh goes in an comes back out. Empty handed.

They don't take debit cards.

Bugger.

Ohhh! But there's a bank with an ATM across the street. He runs over.

Comes back. Empty handed.

Again.

ATM is outta order.

Of course it is, why wouldn't it be?!

Bank number two had a working ATM. Josh got cash and tabs and off we go!!!




-- Post From My iPhone

6 comments:

Mrs. Teapot said...

Well, glad to hear you are on your way after those first few bumps in the road.

I will pray the Lord be gracious unto you, give you a blessed time together so you will grow closer as a family and grant safe traveling mercies.

His grace and peace unto you.

Have fun...
Mrs. Teapot

Kristie said...

Have the best time!!

It seems there are always things that get forgotten when you get ready to hit the road...

Seriously, who doesn't take debit cards...oh wait we don't take them here either...heehee

Anonymous said...

Ah about the ticket thing..... Ya put my number on speed dial so I can come get you out of jail! LOL!!! Sarah Sarah Sarah..... Your a hoot!

Sarah Tadlock =)

Maria said...

your questioning fun? Who you kidding!! You and Emily for the weekend.. no doubt about that fun thing.....


ps - now i know what tabs are :)

javamamma said...

Hope things are looking up and you are having a great weekend! Enjoy that taco salad! ;)

Sam said...

Hi! I've come over from Amy Beth's blog and I've been obsessively reading through your archives. I really like this blog. Your honesty is so refreshing and inspiring. I love how real you are! So many women only present the neat and tidy elements from their life on their blogs. That's boring! You're interesting! And I appreciate it!

Keep writing! :-)