Yesterday the girls and I packed up and headed to Emily's house. We've been having the best time!
Gayle came over and they took me to Goodwill Outlet. They kept warning me that this place was G.R.O.S.S but that if I could look past the nasty, I could get some great stuff for super cheap.
They didn't lie.
It was kinda gross.
And I got 11 lbs worth of clothes for my girls for under 10 bucks! Smokes! Goodwill in my town is ridiculously priced. 10 bucks in my town would have gotten me a couple of shirts. I got a bunch of nice, name brand clothes for pennies. Amazing.
I'm hooked.
We came back to the house and Emily cooked an awesome breakfast for dinner while Gayle and I pretended to help but mostly sat chatting getting to know each other.
Girls, I have loved her two blogs for quite awhile now, to meet her...made it even better. She has this super sweet voice and I love her laugh.
We ate, took pictures (see below), played games (Emily won, of course) and then we talked for hours. I went to bed at 2:12! I love the tired feeling I woke up with today. These girls are wonderful. They love Jesus and their husbands and their kids. I've been so blessed.
Kinda thinking I may not go home. (Shh...don't tell Emily.)
Um, and I also held a chicken.
8 comments:
Yep, I know those two gals too, and:
Nice: check
Super cute: check
Good listeners: check
Lovers of Christ: check
Really funny: check
Husband-lovers: check
I read the post about the anniversary of your dad's death, nodding my head the whole time. I can relate.
Anyway, I like your blog and I bookmarked you so I can read and comment more often.
Talk soon.
Loving the signature. It's SO you!
I love that you're having fun with your girls, but I'm missing our late night FB chats :) However, I'd pass that up for a trip to the nasty Goodwill too!
So much fun. Let's do it again.
It's like I don't even know you :) Who knew you were a chicken-whisperer??? Although from the look on your face I think you might more acurately be described as a chicken thrower...heehee...
Glad you had a good time!!
I agree- Gayle has the BEST laugh!! :)
Wish I could have been there. Because then it would have been ME who would have won the games!!!!!
I really like your shirt. Glad you had a good time. Treena
My first official stop by. Loved my visit, and LOVED the chicken!!
Joanne :O)
i.am.jealous. :)
AND SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRLS... make sure YOU do, do it again..and soon!!!
Post a Comment